Recent content by selketine

  1. selketine

    TKR Thank Goodness I Only have Two Knees!

    Long time since I've posted! I have a question about ongoing weakness with my right leg - which was my first TKR in Jan. 2024. That whole leg feels "weak" for lack of a better word. Sometimes the right knee feels like it wobbles or gives out or "slips out" and I've had that issue since about...
  2. selketine

    TKR Left TKR Recovery---Now I Have a Matching Set

    Sounds like you are making great progress! Driving is a HUGE one and it is just so nice to get out! My mood lifts a lot just going somewhere and doing something every day.
  3. selketine

    TKR Left Knee TKR Recovery

    These look absolutely terrifying - haha! Maybe they are not as wobbly as I imagine them to be. I really struggled to sit with my leg down on my January knee - it felt awful after a short time - and it was just plain hard to sit in a regular chair or desk chair. I don't know all the...
  4. selketine

    TKR Thank Goodness I Only have Two Knees!

    Here I am - 7.5 weeks out. I've been going back to work a few hours a week the past couple of weeks, and will be working a bit more - building up to going back full time by the end of the month. Most of my "right in the knee" type pain is gone but my knee area still aches at night. Not sure...
  5. selketine

    TKR Left TKR Recovery---Now I Have a Matching Set

    I'm sorry to hear about your continued struggles with swelling and discomfort. It's hard to compare one knee to the other (although we all do it who've had two!), but I'm sure most of us had a slow one and a quick one. You also have health conditions that are impacting recovery and your...
  6. selketine

    TKR Ready for Recovery TKR Left (9 years since right)

    Sounds like things are going well! I think no matter what your ROM is, the PT would say they'd like you about 5 points higher - haha! Hope your first day back is going well!
  7. selketine

    TKR Left Knee TKR Recovery

    Sounds like your recovery is going great! I was having a good bit of shin pain until about a week ago - but I didn't have a Mako procedure.
  8. selketine

    TKR Left TKR Recovery---Now I Have a Matching Set

    That's awesome you got out and had a nice dinner. I find getting out really makes a difference for me - which is usually shopping (grocery or Target - yesterday I went to the mall for a little bit). I just feel way more normal. Very happy that I can drive myself - with the right I think I...
  9. selketine

    TKR Left TKR Recovery---Now I Have a Matching Set

    That bike has been more stressful than helpful I think for sure! No way I'd be paying any extra to keep it. I guess I'm a bit unsure what's up with your knee bend these days - you're not able to bend your knee very much at all? I found seated heel slides the easiest way to start working...
  10. selketine

    TKR Left TKR Recovery---Now I Have a Matching Set

    I'm very happy to hear that things are getting better! Slowly but surely! Not the same, but 2 days ago my knee was being bad tempered - perhaps because I slept poorly but who knows - and walking hurt and it was annoying and it just sat and watched an entire season of some cooking show...
  11. selketine

    TKR Slow But Sure Recovery

    At 6 weeks you're doing fantastic! With my January TKR I think at 7 weeks I was at 105 for ROM, and that continued improving substantially over the weeks and months. In the end it was probably just as well to start formal PT at that point because you've had a bit more time to heal and you've...
  12. selketine

    TKR Left TKR Recovery---Now I Have a Matching Set

    Do you mean a knee infection? I just figured the first signs of a knee infection would show up in the knee (hot, red, painful - looked different than it had been - as in additional swelling). I just wanted to add that the swelling with my January knee "started" abating after 6-7 weeks but it...
  13. selketine

    TKR Left TKR Recovery---Now I Have a Matching Set

    How's it going @Rockgirl4? I still think knee replacement surgery should come with a 3 month spa resort/cruise vacation in a warm climate for recovery purposes.
  14. selketine

    TKR Left Knee TKR Recovery

    Sounds like you were in a decent spot for this storm - vs. being a bit farther south I'd guess. Phew - so much destruction for those folks in a short period of time. I hope that's the end of the season. My son in Polk County fared well - didn't lose power and no flooding at his (fairly...
  15. selketine

    TKR Thank Goodness I Only have Two Knees!

    Oh yes...I'm a huge Disney nerd. I go often enough that it's a fairly relaxing place for me. Most people are excited to show up early and rope drop the rides - I like to rope drop Starbucks inside the park, get a coffee and a breakfast sandwich, and sit and watch people go buy running to the...
Back
Top Bottom