Recent content by scubysteve

  1. scubysteve

    Hip Infection My New Hip_2

    @Josephine Enjoy your rest, sounds like you're staying pretty busy. The offer stands as; any time, whenever is convenient to you. Whatever happens, don't pay to go on a course before November this year because ILCOR are meeting in October. Standard advice remains: Unconscious & NOT Breathing...
  2. scubysteve

    Hip Infection My New Hip_2

    @Josephine I've got an ABLS class in a local hospital next week, if you're serious, you'd be welcome any time.
  3. scubysteve

    Hip Infection My New Hip_2

    @Josephine If the above image rings a bell then change places :rotfl:
  4. scubysteve

    Hip Infection My New Hip_2

    @glynis thank you, you've given me hope for the aspiration, I'm self employed and it's important to keep work coming in. Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
  5. scubysteve

    Hip Infection My New Hip_2

    4th September! not 4th August.
  6. scubysteve

    Hip Infection My New Hip_2

    @Jaycey , @Josephine Just had the hospital call me, pre op on the 21st August with the Aspiration Op on the 4th August. A question for those who've had this Op or experience of the op; What were you like afterwards? Do you think I'll be fit enough to drive and possibly teach on the 5th?
  7. scubysteve

    Hip Infection My New Hip_2

    Thanks @Jaycey I'll keep you all up to date, the first step is to take a sample to culture, they're planning that for the 4th September under a mild anaesthetic. The forecast to start the replacement is January or February next year.
  8. scubysteve

    Hip Infection My New Hip_2

    Hi all, about 6 months ago a couple of problems started up. I started getting pain through the groin which progressively worsened to where I had to go back to using a walking stick and then one day the leg collapsed under me in the shower. To cut the story short I saw my consultant today to be...
  9. scubysteve

    THR MajorHeidi is now a Hippie!

    Hi @MajorHeidi So glad to see that your crossover was successful, I intended to monitor the site every day or at least two to three times a week but the time flew and before I knew it six months had gone. My biggest problem now is remembering that I've had the operation. Every achievement goes...
  10. scubysteve

    THR Shrinkette Has Arrived!

    Hi, Like Dr toonz I hadn't posted for a good while and saw your thread. Nice to see you're progressing well, my good wishes to you.
  11. scubysteve

    THR My New Hip

    I don't know where the time has gone, it's now 7 months since my THR. I've just returned from Egypt after being on a Red Sea live aboard for the last week. Diving up to 4 or 5 times a day but being a little conservative and not doing every dive if I didn't feel like it. The hip is doing...
  12. scubysteve

    THR On the other side

    You could try a good quality moisturiser to help with the itching, I use a little E45 cream if mine bothers me. I don't have any pain in the back of the hip but I occasionally get a 'reminder' in my thigh when i put weight on it after sitting for a while (I'm nine weeks tomorrow). How bad is the...
  13. scubysteve

    THR Jan 14 update

    WOW Heinz, that sounds excellent, you must be really chuffed :happydance: I don't have a bulge outwards, my bulges are inwards, I've got dimples! Keep going, you sound great.
  14. scubysteve

    THR Peggy's Progess: 07 Jan 2014

    @MajorHeidi , good grief is right, no way you could be back in three weeks, he's having a laugh.
Back
Top Bottom