Recent content by Scrunchkins

  1. Scrunchkins

    TKR Freedom works on recovery<<

    I am so sorry to hear of your Father's Passing. These things are always so difficult. Especially when our coping mechanisms are already down from this ever-lasting recovery. Prayers are with you and your family.
  2. Scrunchkins

    TKR Scrunchkin's recovery Thread

    Would just like to report the knee pain is even less this morning. Elevated and iced again last night. There is still some pain when I sit and get up, but it's so much better than Tuesday. So I know this will heal and I can move on again. I was even able to bend it going down my regular...
  3. Scrunchkins

    TKR Scrunchkin's recovery Thread

    That sounds like an exciting hike. I'm looking forward to moving around more freely as my recovery progresses. I know I'm doing well overall, but this certainly does take time. I'm on exactly the other side of PA. Northeast corner. Winter here has been crazy. I've been lucky to not have...
  4. Scrunchkins

    TKR Scrunchkin's recovery Thread

    Glad to know you're okay, Tim. And happy to hear how tough these new knees really are. :) And Lynn, I'll be sure to keep my heels out of my butt........:heehee: ........glad you're okay, too. :)
  5. Scrunchkins

    TKR Scrunchkin's recovery Thread

    Don't get too excited about my stair success............I'm still doing one foot at a time. I haven't become a 'big girl' yet on steps.......:snork: I use my old knee (which isn't very good) to go up and go down........which means I bend my new knee going down. Every so often, I will use my...
  6. Scrunchkins

    TKR Scrunchkin's recovery Thread

    I'm not sure I've ever been normal..........:rotfl:
  7. Scrunchkins

    TKR Scrunchkin's recovery Thread

    Thanks so much for the reassurance. I really wasn't too worried since it felt better this morning, but I was still curious what may have happened. I assumed it would be better after a couple of days of babying it a bit. :yes: It's always frustrating to start doing better with something and...
  8. Scrunchkins

    TKR Scrunchkin's recovery Thread

    Question…………..little story first…………The steps leading to my basement are narrow. I have gone up and down them only a couple of times since my TKR. Each time was with care and some difficulty. It’s been a few weeks since tackling them. Yesterday morning I went down and after the first couple...
  9. Scrunchkins

    TKR Thank You and Help 10 weeks out

    I agree with kelpie. I did little in the way of actual exercise. Just regular daily routines and moving around the house, etc. seemed to be plenty. And as my healing progressed, I would push myself to do a little bit more. It has worked well for me. I have had some bad days........usually...
  10. Scrunchkins

    TKR Well, hello

    Hello. I'm just over 3 months post-op and coming along well. Here's hoping your recovery is effortless. :cheers:
  11. Scrunchkins

    TKR Post op RTKR

    @suemegane , I went back to work, at a desk job, 7 weeks post-op. Even though I didn't walk much throughout the day, I got plenty of exercise by getting ready in the morning and getting up and down out of my chair all day. I have had lots of swelling most nights and just go home, elevate, and...
  12. Scrunchkins

    TKR Timetolive's Nov 9th TKR Post -OP<<

    I've been working 8 hours every day (M-F), office work, since I hit 7 weeks post op. Only twice did I leave early because of pain I just didn't want to deal with while sitting at my desk. I don't have any way to elevate during the day and have had quite a bit of swelling most days. When I get...
  13. Scrunchkins

    TKR Snowdrop made it to the other side!<

    OH MY!!!! I feel for you. I was in tears when my little 18 lb. Jack Russel jumped on my leg one day. Can't imagine the pain if my 105 lb. Rottwieler were to have done it. :yikes:
  14. Scrunchkins

    TKR Scrunchkin's recovery Thread

    My original plan has always been to get the right one done at some point, but it seems to be getting a bit stronger with the exercises I've been doing for my new knee. I'm sure it will eventually get done, but as of right now, I'm not in a big hurry. I am definitely looking forward to no pain...
  15. Scrunchkins

    TKR Scrunchkin's recovery Thread

    There is still a little bit of discomfort in the quad with the new knee........no actual pain. I know it has much more to go in the strength department. I'm confident, with time, it will be perfect. :) It's so much better than trying to bend my old crappy right knee. :heehee:
Back
Top Bottom