Recent content by ScooperTR

  1. ScooperTR

    Bilateral TKR Scheduled February 2016

    I have to tell you that week 3 and 4 were the worst for me. Wanted to get ROM, tired of the whole thing, working working working just to get to next day. A lot of it was the meds making me cry, making me crazy, making me exhausted. But HOLD ON! Hang in there. I know you can't see light at...
  2. ScooperTR

    TKR The hardest part is not knowing where you're supposed to be

    My advice.. Listen to these experienced people. I did and I'm happy to say I'm 13 weeks BTKR and doing great. Patience is the big key! You will be surprised in the coming weeks when swelling subsides how well you'll do! Hang in there Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  3. ScooperTR

    Bilateral TKR BTKR post op 4 hours<

    Can you see it on the R knee? My L knee hasn't given me a bit of problem.
  4. ScooperTR

    Bilateral TKR BTKR post op 4 hours<

    I have a question.. I'm about 13 weeks and doing great but within the last week my right knee has a swollen lump right by kneecap. I have iced, elevated, massaged.. Just wondering if this is just all part of the healing process and do you still get swelling for a few more months? Love my new...
  5. ScooperTR

    Bilateral TKR Scheduled February 2016

    Hi...I had both of my knees done Dec 1. It is crazy how everyone says can't believe you did two. I would do it all over again. Just remember it is a long process and don't be hard on yourself. Be sure you have your elevated toilet , walker, ice and lots of help the first few weeks. I'm...
  6. ScooperTR

    Bilateral TKR BTKR post op 4 hours<

    My pain level is usually 1 or 2 but a couple hours after PT 3 or 4 Pain med is oxycodene 5 mg but I break those in half and take every six hours. I usually take 2 advil middle of day I am icing after exercising and PT for 29-30 minutes I have to be honest and say I have not elevated the past...
  7. ScooperTR

    Depression/post-op blues

    Thank you for this post. I think my husband thinks I'm going over the deep end I have cried so much. I think mine has a lot to do with fatigue because it's usually later in the day. I have found if I cry it out I am better. Also hugs help tremendously! Just knowing we are all going through...
  8. ScooperTR

    Bilateral TKR Bi lateral TKR 12/8/15 knee extension

    I was trying to read your post to my husband and broke down in tears. I am 7 weeks post op BTKR and I feel everything you're saying. It does seem now I am hurting more now that I've started OP PT. They do not hurt me at all and I do all my exercises in pool.... But it completely takes...
  9. ScooperTR

    TKR Both knees, 3 Days Apart. SylviaPearl's Recovery<

    I'm not qualified either I can only tell you from my experience. I cry a lot too. I am 6 weeks post op and had both done Dec.1. I have been told over and over this is a long recovery and to stop being so hard on myself. My flex is just 99 and I can not get to 0 extension. My PT said in...
  10. ScooperTR

    Bilateral TKR FreeriderNC's Recovery Thread - Update

    Wow, isn't it amazing the difference a week makes. I don't start OP PT until Thurs. I've been kinda nervous but after your post it has given me courage. Be careful feeling better.. I get to feeling good then overdo then pay for it later in day. I always wanted a piece of property where...
  11. ScooperTR

    Bilateral TKR BTKR post op 4 hours<

    Just wondering what is an acceptable timetable for a BTKR to be able to take a trip. I had mine Dec 1 and we were wanting to plan a trip to NO in April. The car drive will be about 10 hours. Is this reasonable or a big wish? Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  12. ScooperTR

    Bilateral TKR FreeriderNC's Recovery Thread - Update

    Yum Lexington barbecue... Was it from Speedys? We lived in Kannapolis for 10 years. My first dr visit is wed. He rescheduled during Christmas holidays. Excited to go and ask some questions. Grandbabies do help with this recovery. They are just precious and sure get our minds off our...
  13. ScooperTR

    Bilateral TKR 4 weeks post op

    Your ROM does sound good. Wow, PT 3 times a week sounds hard. I have had in home PT and start OP physical therapy next week . I am having a hard time with flexion. But I have confidence it will come! Hope you get a good nights sleep. I called my DR yesterday and they told me to take Tylenol...
  14. ScooperTR

    Bilateral TKR 4 weeks post op

    I understand completely! I had BTKR on Dec 1 and haven't had a good night sleep yet. I sometimes lay on side with my bottom leg straight and top leg thrown forward over big pillow until I just get sleepy then switch to back. Can't wait to curl up again on side. How are your knees doing ? I...
  15. ScooperTR

    Bilateral TKR BTKR post op 4 hours<

    4 weeks post.. Trying to walk more outside. My knees feel like thick tree trunks. I am also very shaky and jittery. Other than that I can feel improvement daily. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
Back
Top Bottom