Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR BTKR post op 4 hours<

Yes that would be helpful. It's possible it might be an effusions but I'll hold on that till I see a photo.
 
I also have a small lump right by the kneecap. When the PA felt it, he said it was "swampy" which I assume he means soft and rather mushy. He told me that it could be adeposal tissue---in other words, fat---or could simply be a place where a bit of swelling is poking out.

Lots of help, right? anyway, that is where swelling on my knee shows up. I ice it and it usually goes away only to show up after a hard day of skiing or biking.
 
Can you see it on the R knee? My L knee hasn't given me a bit of problem.

[Bonesmart.org] BTKR post op 4 hours<
 
Congrats to you for being post-op and your excellent attitude. For your husband, just check on her every half hour or so and keep the ice machine filled. I cannot take narcotics so ice was crucial - if it ran out I could go from a Level 3 pain to 10 in seconds! So, check the machine every time you check on her. Also, don't be surprised if she rejects all your attempts to get healthy food into her. For the first five or six days I could only tolerate squishy white bread and butter (which I NEVER eat!) and graham crackers. All the soups and prepared meals had to wait.
 
Yes, that's nothing of import. Just some swelling protruding from inside the joint.
It will dissipate in time
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom