Recent content by saultlooser

  1. S

    TKR Kneefriend's Recovery

    I'm so sorry you have to go through this! I hope all goes well tomorrow and you get the answers you need. Will be thinking of you.
  2. S

    Revision TKR Totally recovered at last!

    Hi newlybionic, I wish I would have had a recliner to sleep I for the first 2 months - sounds real comfortable. Glad you got your first day back at work under your belt. I remember my knee being very angry with me when I went back to work, hence the swelling but it eventually passed.
  3. S

    Revision TKR Totally recovered at last!

    Hi newlibionic, Good luck with your return to work tomorrow. Regarding sleeping - the only way I could sleep is on my back with a few pillows stacked under my knee, with a pillow under each arm so that I don't roll over. I try to sleep on my side every night because I miss it so much but still...
  4. S

    TKR Kneefriend's Recovery

    Hi kneefriend, I've been off tramadol for 2 weeks. After reading all the information on how long the withdrawal symptoms could last,,I was so upset and discouraged - it really is a very bad drug that I would not recommend because of the intensity of the withdrawals. BUT, I am glad to report...
  5. S

    Revision TKR Totally recovered at last!

    Good point, will remember that for next time, which I hope there won't be :)
  6. S

    Revision TKR Totally recovered at last!

    Hawk2go, in the last 2 weeks I had cut back from 6 - 37.5 pills per day down to 3 to 4 max and finally cold turkey a week ago. Symptoms started slowly but really slammed me last week. You,have to remember, I had no idea what was going on so it was scary. When I went on line and typed tramadol...
  7. S

    TKR Graduated!

    Jmdearras, I am head banging a long with you that's days! :)
  8. S

    Revision TKR Totally recovered at last!

    POZ222, I'm really sorry this roller coaster ride is getting to be so intense for you. I read your posts and was so impressed at your incredible ROM and progress so early on so I was pretty shocked to see this turn of events. As far as your "lost" ROM now, my PT told me that you can't loose...
  9. S

    TKR Kneefriend's Recovery

    kneefriend, Wow, it is a very scary thing to go through. I had only been taking the tramadol for 2 months. I cannot imagine living with the symptoms you have described for months. I am a very high emotion type of person to start. How long were you on this last time around? I'm going back to...
  10. S

    Revision TKR Totally recovered at last!

    Hi kneefriend, very nice to meet you. This 2nd knees journey has been great so far except for the withdrawal. I have not had any issues with The IT band so can't help but I think Poz222 is going through something like this. I don't know how to tag people so I'm hoping she sees this message...
  11. S

    Revision TKR Totally recovered at last!

    Newlybionic, I too have pain in areas I didn't expect like the shin, upper leg. It's seems to be quite random right now especially at night.spent a lot of time trying to figure why I was feelinspx this pain. It seems to be angry tissue trying to heal. Glad poz222 posted her journey with the...
  12. S

    TKR Back for round two

    So glad I found someone who can relate. I do think that most people don't realize what's going on. We are do busy trying to figure out what step we are at in recovery including doi still needs my meds, should I cut back, what about my rom etc... I abosuletly love the mantra and all articles...
  13. S

    TKR Back for round two

    Ok, my last post was written in the middle of the night, I was quite crabby! I just read an article on this forum on how to reduce your pain meds to lessen the pain of withdrawals - I really wish I had read it prior to just drastically cutting back last week because as stated in my above post -...
  14. S

    TKR Back for round two

    Well, I will be 10 weeks out next Tuesday. Have been having great difficulty sleeping for the last week, restless leg, muscle pain keeping me up to 2 to 4am in the morning before it settles. Tonight while trying to settle the leg, my husband says to me, maybe its withdrawal symptoms from...
  15. S

    TKR Josephine's 2nd knee story - short version

    Thanks Josephine, this is so helpful. I like your explanation about muscular condition, makes so much sense.
Back
Top Bottom