Recent content by Ruby9297

  1. Ruby9297

    Revision TKR Revision in June

    Hello All! I was a member of Bonesmart back in 2017 when I had my LTKR. In November 2021, I had the right knee done. Both times, the recovery was brutal. I was left with a 90 degree bend with the left knee and a 65 degree bend on the right. Needless to say, I cannot walk properly and I’m in A...
  2. Ruby9297

    MUA Ruby's Tuesday--July 11th, 2017<

    Well hello everyone, and be been gone for a while, and I’m Sorry to say that I’m not any better. I had to return to work last month, which has been extremely difficult because of the continued pain, swelling, and fatigue. I just saw my OS who has basically thrown his hands up, and has told me to...
  3. Ruby9297

    MUA Ruby's Tuesday--July 11th, 2017<

    I’m going to pull out my paperwork and see what it says. I just know that I’m experiencing the same symptoms that people named in the suit are having.
  4. Ruby9297

    MUA Ruby's Tuesday--July 11th, 2017<

    This is terrible! I think I’m going to contact one of the law firms involved in the class action suits. Just my luck to get a possibly defective prosthesis! Feel like crying!
  5. Ruby9297

    MUA Ruby's Tuesday--July 11th, 2017<

    @Celle my knee replacement is DePuy Synthes. The last lawsuit was filed on n September 18th, (coincidentally my birthday) because there have been a large number of reports to the FDA of premature failures of the knee replacements, resulting in required revisions. I didn’t name the company in my...
  6. Ruby9297

    MUA Ruby's Tuesday--July 11th, 2017<

    Hello Jajakio, @SusieShoes , jboles , and bashbago : Thank you for your kind responses and helpful suggestions. I was exited from PT at the end of the year because I had not made any measurable progress in quite some time. They don’t measure increased stamina, or really anything except...
  7. Ruby9297

    MUA Ruby's Tuesday--July 11th, 2017<

    Hello All, I realize that I haven’t checked in since November 12th! Well, A happy New Year to you all, and I hope you had an enjoyable holiday season. I am almost 6 months out. I am depressed to report that I still have swelling, stiffness, limited ROM (90 degrees), and poor extension. My...
  8. Ruby9297

    TKR Walking without an aid?<

    Hope all went well with your surgery. Sending good thoughts
  9. Ruby9297

    MUA Ruby's Tuesday--July 11th, 2017<

    Makes sense that the MUA would set me back quite a bit. My surgeon agreed to this refill//just received the email—but says that’s it for him because my pain can no longer be considered post-op pain, so I’ll have to approach my pcp for future refills. As for Tramadol, I know it works for many...
  10. Ruby9297

    MUA Ruby's Tuesday--July 11th, 2017<

    Hello friends, checking back in and disappointed to report that I don't feel like I will ever fully recover from this TKR! I am now almost 17 weeks post-op, and pain is my daily companion! Even after the MUA my rom is only at 94 degrees. There are days when I also feel so nauseous, and cannot...
  11. Ruby9297

    MUA Ruby's Tuesday--July 11th, 2017<

    Yes, I probably have been doing too much. That's my problem, I start feeling better, so I get up and start doing projects in and around the house that have been left undone while I've been laid up. Then I get a setback. It's difficult for me to sit with my leg elevated and on ice, when I see...
  12. Ruby9297

    MUA Ruby's Tuesday--July 11th, 2017<

    Hi everyone, I do try to keep up on everyone's posts, even though I don't post everyday. I've been doing fairly well since my MUA. After the initial days afterwards,when I was able to get to 105 degrees of ROM, I seem to have settled at around 90 degrees. It doesn't matter what I do. I'm not...
  13. Ruby9297

    TKR Thesoutherncook's Second Time Around!

    @Thesoutherncook, I've been catching up with your thread, and I'm sorry that you hurt your other leg, while also entertaining house guests! You poor thing! I think sometimes our other legs are forced to carry the load for our TKR legs, and then we hurt them more. I know I've experienced a lot of...
  14. Ruby9297

    MUA 12 weeks post op question<

    Hey, @BarbieQ, my TKR was on July 11th, just 9 days before your surgery, and I'm still taking pain medication,and I'm not back at work until probably November 6th. While everyone heals at different rates, I think our doctors give us very unrealistic expectations for being back to normal again...
  15. Ruby9297

    TKR Fire wolf recovery<

    FireWolf, you are a rockstar! Driving all those hours would be unimaginable for most of us at this point. You have a great attitude, and always give helpful information and support to others. I appreciate the pictures you posted. A lot of bruising. Wow! What a journey! That first one where the...
Back
Top Bottom