Recent content by Roxxy

  1. R

    Hello, it's done!

    Yep I'll stay positive! As Josephine says what else can I do! However difficult it is on crutches I do feel 100 times better than I did before my surgery when I was crutchless! To be with crutches and painless is better than being in pain and without! A quick question re clicking around hip...
  2. R

    Hello, it's done!

    Hi all, As from my other posts you may know I as a RTHR on 24th September, 8 weeks ago. During surgery they also had to split my femur as it was curved and then femur was bone grafted. Subsequently I was in an abduction brace until last Wednesday when I had my review appointment. Doc was...
  3. R

    Hello, it's done!

    Hi Z, Thanks for your well wishes. Yep I'm fully prepared for all the strenghtening that lies ahead and have been since before my surgery. Aside from the brace I would have needed months of physio anyway, I have easily 10 years of not using a lot of my muscles, I never put much weight on my...
  4. R

    Hello, it's done!

    Thanks Cookie. I hope you are doing ok? Lovely photo of you there with 2 hàndsome kids. I'm upbeat at the moment as I'm excited to meet with consultant and I suppose I have been more up than down over past 7 weeks. But I've had my down days too believe me! The restrictions have been tough, I...
  5. R

    Hello, it's done!

    Hi to all the hippies, Just a quick hi, I've been reading everyone's posts and find them all great encouragement and am also finding answers to a lot of my own questions in your posts! Well I am due my review appt on Wednesday at 9.30am, 7 weeks and 2 days post surgery. I am soooooooo excited...
  6. R

    THR Post-op. Now at home.

    Hi Aaron, I've been reading this thread for a while now and it's taken me this long to post, shame on me! I thought I was a very young hip replacementee but still have 16 years on you! I won't fill you in on my whole story here, you can have a read on my thread if you wish. All I can say is I...
  7. R

    Hello, it's done!

    Hey hippies, Quick update from here: doing well, still in abductor brace and will be until my orth consultant gives me go ahead to dispose of it! Have consultation with him on 14 nov and am hoping so bad he'll tell me I don't need it anymore! Am completely pain free and feel better than I have...
  8. R

    THR AussieMike returns

    Hey mike! Glad to see how well you're doing! Back to work and all! Go you!! Very proud and happy for you! Keep us updated, I love to read your upbeat updates! I check in to read them every day Roxxy
  9. R

    THR AussieMike returns

    Hey aussiemike, I'm not sure if I checked in with you since your surgery. Wow you seem to be doing fantastic, well done! I have a little more recovery to get behind me before I am at your stage but I'll get there! You seem to be doing great with PT and your positive state of mind can only help...
  10. R

    Hello, it's done!

    Hi al well came home yesterday, was 8 nights in hospital and boy, was I ready to get home! They had me up walking and doing some stairs before I left which was great so feel relatively normal! All my previous hip pain is gone whoop! As I said I have the abduction brace on, I am quite happy of it...
  11. R

    THR AussieMike returns

    Ah great stuff mike, I'm glad all went well..you'll be recovered before you know it x
  12. R

    Hello, it's done!

    Well hello all! Had my RTHR done on Mon at 12pm, was out of surgery at 2.30. I got a spinal anaesthetic with sedation. All went as well as could be expected with my "miserable hip" as my consultant called it this morning! My femur was bent and he had to split and bone graft it. As a result I...
  13. R

    This time next week....

    Hi aussiemike, Well contrary to my plans, I'm still awake, still have to have an iodine shower and all! Best of luck tomorrow, I'll be thinking of you, with time difference you are prob being worked on before me!
  14. R

    This time next week....

    Well I'm off to bed soon, being admitted at 7.30 in morn! Can't believe it's here! Chat to you all when I am a bionic woman!
  15. R

    This time next week....

    Good luck tomorrow Jane, will be thinking of you....chat next week....
Back
Top Bottom