Recent content by ritaxis

  1. R

    2015 September Sapphires - Are You Having Knee Surgery In September?

    @Complaintdesk, hurray for you switching to vaporizer! Doing what it takes to get the smoke out of your lungs.
  2. R

    TKR a wee bit impatient I guess

    Today at physical therapy I rode their bike for 1 minutes and only stopped because they had other things for me to do. I wish it was so easy on my own bike! Last week my passive flexion was 122 degrees: this week active flexion is 117 degrees. The PT said the best he's seen is 135 and that 120...
  3. R

    TKR a wee bit impatient I guess

    One of the tiny pimples on my leg turned into a boil, burst, and now looks scabbed over and clean (no red around the edges). Using a stronger antibiotic cream and planning to call the regular doctor if it doesn't shrink a lot in the next couple days. The incision looks a lot better, though! I'm...
  4. R

    TKR Now I Don't have any Leg to Stand on!

    @CCinPA: I'm working on using my hands less going upstairs. It means going really slowly while I find my leg muscles for each step, so I only do it when I have time, as an exercise. And as for going downstairs-- I need all the help I can get!
  5. R

    TKR GKnee's Recovery Thread

    I think it was both, @kneeper. I was getting the shakes a lot and also found it hard to eat, before I cut the tramadol down to once a week. And then I realized that I wasn';t eating enough, especially not enough protein.
  6. R

    Facing TKR ...many worries

    I had been putting off the surgery though I had known I was bone on bone for a couple of years. There wasn't much pain except when I did something extraordinary. But what flipped the switch for me was a nice walk on a large, only modestly-steep hill. I just could not deploy my feet well at all...
  7. R

    TKR Now I Don't have any Leg to Stand on!

    My unoperated leg buckled a while back (one or two weeks, I have lost count). It felt really unstable for a few days. I scaled back on my chores and adventures a bit, and also made sure I was doing the leg exercises with both legs. Now it's feeling more stable. But I'm still nervous about the...
  8. R

    TKR Both TKRs July & September 2015

    My dog also died of a spleen tumor just after I was originally scheduled ... but I had been ill, and surgery was delayed. I miss her so much! It must be much worse to have it happen while you're just home from surgery. I've been using a regular chair (plastic seat and chrome legs). Usually I...
  9. R

    TKR a wee bit impatient I guess

    I don't know whether I would have the strength of will to shop around for a physical therapist if the first one wasn't good for me, so I'm really glad I lucked out. Today I went to folk dance class. Don't get excited--I mostly just sat in a chair and tapped my toes. But there were two dances...
  10. R

    TKR Now I Don't have any Leg to Stand on!

    Do you have public transportation in your area so the kids can take the bus to the library, pool, park, or movie theater? Or do you have phone numbers for their friends' parents, so you can call and ask them to pick the kids up and take them away for a bit now and then? Can you get a friend to...
  11. R

    TKR a wee bit impatient I guess

    "Twenty three days out and Im starting to feel less pain. The real PT starts next week..." So I'm not sure what "real PT" means. A lot of people here describe demanding physical therapists and grueling exercises...but my physical therapists are not like that. The difference between the home...
  12. R

    TKR a wee bit impatient I guess

    Also, I have two questions. One's just wondering, and the other matters. The just wondering one: am I the only one here whose legs deteriorated to the point where they didn't even hurt any more, before surgery? My legs used to hurt a lot until about a year or a year and a half ago, then they...
  13. R

    2015 September Sapphires - Are You Having Knee Surgery In September?

    We can compare notes on September 24.
  14. R

    Susanne 5 Replacements and Going Strong

    (minority opinion) I think that looking forwards is helpful when the present is so difficult. Susanne, I have all respect for a person who does your job with physical issues going on. Preschool, especially special ed. preschool, is a really demanding job, mentally, emotionally, and physically...
  15. R

    Where are the Knee & Hip Forums--They have disappeared!

    I also don't see the other joints forum, and I've refreshed a couple of times.
Back
Top Bottom