TKR Now I Don't have any Leg to Stand on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I can do stairs normally, my right knee is not really allowing me to do so. I can count on my left knee to get my up and down, but until the right knee gets replaced, I'm pretty much a one-legged stair climber and descender.
 
@CCinPA: I'm working on using my hands less going upstairs. It means going really slowly while I find my leg muscles for each step, so I only do it when I have time, as an exercise. And as for going downstairs-- I need all the help I can get!
 
I'm only 2 weeks out.. And I sit here wondering if ok ever be off pain meds.. Night time is the hardest for me... My left knee is so far behind my right my dr manipulated my right one in the or when he did the 2 ND knee.. I do wish I could have that on this one.. But I don't think ins pays for it... I hope you are doing great today!!

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk
 
6 weeks out and not off meds yet. Every day gets better but the first month for me I never imagined skipping a dose.
 
It's funny you both are saying that, and when I got up this morning, first thing I have to do is get my pain meds. I am just a little over two weeks, and I can't even start reducing my dosage yet. But I was thinking the same thing.
@ pansy, I can't even imagine doing both. Hang in there your left wilI catch up.
 
Don't worry about the pain meds. A day will come in the not too distant future, when you'll forget to take your meds simply because it doesn't hurt as much. Or you'll cut back to less because you don't need as much when you're just icing and elevating, but that time won't come in the first two months. Listen to your body, but don't worry about it.
 
They say you have arrived when you lead with the trk leg going up and down stairs. (Without thinking about it!:yes!: ) At 14 wks., my trk leads going up but not down!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom