yes, we live in a strange world....
I had my follow up appointment with my surgeon this morning and everything is great..
The next follow up is scheduled in 12 months. All the precautions are lifted, his only suggestion is not to run as pounding is hard on the joints.
Hope you are all taking...
Hi Layla.
Thanks for reminding me about my anniversaries. It's hard to believe the surgeries were that long ago
:)
I am doing fine... pretty much back to normal life. In this madness I am trying to exercise at home as all the gyms are closed.
Hope you guys are all good too.
Keep safe!
xoxoxo
I am doing just fine... thanks for asking.
I was too busy with work this past week so I didn't have time to go to the gym.
My walking totally improved and you all know how scared I was I will keep limping and duck walking forever. Honestly, the key to improvement is: keep practicing heel to toe...
Yes, so nice to be able to move around without the horrible arthritis pain. It was not that long ago I signed onto this forum desperately seeking some encouragement. Not sure how would my recovery turn if it wasn't for all you wonderful people here. Your advices thought me to take it easy and...
Hi @Layla
It's hard to believe it's been three and six months anniversary... time is really flying!
I am pretty much back to normal life... slowly got back into gym routine and slowly getting back clients.
You are right about the benefits of the THR.
We are all nervous once we are diagnosed...
Welcome @Suzibmy1. You will find many articles here that will ease your anxiousness.
We are all the same but @GrannyC nailed it with her comment above. The surgery itself is the easiest part of the whole adventure. You will be amazed how wonderful is NOT to feel the osteoarthritis pain again.
Thanks for asking @VSlowLife.
I am doing pretty good. Walking unassisted for the last 10 days or so. Leg muscles getting stronger. Working out at the gym every second day (biking 5 to 10 km to warmup then using various machines for strengthening upper and lower body muscles). Noting to crazy...
Thanks everyone for the nice messages :)
I am sure there is still a long way to the full recovery (if ever) but I'll do my best not to do anything stupid and jeopardize all the progress.
'
Yeah... I think I am ready to work again :) ... I can't wait!
Thank you @Mojo333 and @Layla.
Things are good with me. I've been going to the gym for the last two weeks every second day. Biking 10 km on stationary bike to warm up then using machines to strengthen leg muscles and working on upper body. Finishing with 15 min sweating in the sauna.
So far, I...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.