Recent content by rettabetta

  1. rettabetta

    THR Heading into Third Trimester with THR

    Aww Thanks! I really like all of the new updates. I am very happy the forum is still up and running! Right Now, I feel that my Ob is under the impression that a natural birth is still possible. I plan to talk to her more in depth because the pelvic pain is becoming more uncomfortable and I...
  2. rettabetta

    THR Heading into Third Trimester with THR

    Hello BS community! I was here about 8.5 years ago learning everything I could about THR. I had a very successful THR (ceramic) surgery back in 2014. Now I’m pregnant at 26weeks and anxious about labor and delivery. I’m experiencing pelvic discomfort especially when I get out of bed and when I...
  3. rettabetta

    THR was on the fence now on the other side!!

    @toohip Yes! I've returned to work. It took awhile to transition back, I must admit I loved being at home. Wow... Feb 7 makes 6 months!!!! I actually "forgot" about my surgery. I'm not at out the woods yet. I had swap out yoga to foster a dog that I ended up adopting. I'm kinda of selfless but...
  4. rettabetta

    THR was on the fence now on the other side!!

    Hi @cthipster ! Congrats on your progress! Today makes 8 weeks!! woohoo! Finally the walking feels even! I'm still on one crutch, but I feel that it is time to ditch it. I do feel stiffness every now and then but lately I've been feeling some inner bone pain/ muscle pain. It is a tolerable 2 in...
  5. rettabetta

    THR was on the fence now on the other side!!

    Hi @toohip ! Sry for the late response. I didn't see an alert on my phone. I hope things are well. Today makes 6 weeks. :yahoo: My scar still hasn't fully healed. :swoon: The end of my incision is a little wider for drainage (I guess) and it is taking long for the surface skin to meet the other...
  6. rettabetta

    THR was on the fence now on the other side!!

    Yes it was adpotalooza! I got some great info on fostering so it is a start!:dogwalk: Came back from the surgeon today. My wound did not need to be re-stitched but he told me to clean it twice a day and apply the prescribed topical cream and it should heal in another 3 weeks. I wanted to be in...
  7. rettabetta

    THR was on the fence now on the other side!!

    Hi @toohip How goes your progress? thanks for checking in It has been 31 days can you believe it?! I had 4 sessions of land therapy so far. My incision has not fully healed so I can not participate in water therapy yet. I had some clear fluid come out when I pressed on it today before...
  8. rettabetta

    THR was on the fence now on the other side!!

    19 days in recovery and I can sit at my desk. Been sitting for a few hours with walking breaks. Today was my 2.5 week follow up with the surgeon. I passed with flying colors! I have been discharged from home PT and now I move on to outpatient physical therapy! I have graduated to 1 crutch...
  9. rettabetta

    THR Toohip 'made it' RTHR recovery side

    Hey @toohip! Wishing you well on your recovery! I did not realize you are a NYER! :yahoo: I had my procedure done over at Lenox Hill Hospital. The days are going by very fast isn't it?
  10. rettabetta

    THR Bill's Bionic Breakdown

    I totally love your T-shirt in your avatar Bill:egypdance:
  11. rettabetta

    anxiety no sleep pre op

    I had a medical massage the night before and I took a long shower. I was awake all night writing in my journal and watch stand up comedy until it was time to got to the hospital. I was anxious all the way up to when I was being escorted to the operating table. Once I lied down, I took a deep...
  12. rettabetta

    33 years old and in serious pain with my hips

    Hey @JamesBow I had a RTHR for severe osteoarthritis and LLD 19 days ago and I'm already walking with 1 elbow crutch outdoors and crutch-less indoors. I went back and forth questioning myself why to researching all that I can find about hip replacements to making the decision. I made a 6 month...
  13. rettabetta

    THR Me2 and Recovery

    that is the best part about insurance ! once you are maxed out, everything is free of charge. ( not technically free because you are finally putting those old premium payments to use depending on how long you were enrolled) I will be maxing out soon and that is one expense that I no longer will...
  14. rettabetta

    Fat guy: RTHR scheduled for Aug. 25...worried! Please help

    hey there @IMs when I had my surgery, I choose GA. the anesthesiologist warned me about effects after when using spinal anesthesia disorientation, headaches etc. etc. I'm 5'8 214 lbs. when I walked using a walker that same day, I felt nauseated with every step. I didn't vomit but was dry...
  15. rettabetta

    THR 3 weeks after THR (july 28, 14)

    also check out @Poppet link for food suggestions. also I've reading a book called eat for your type. it is a eating plan is based on your blood type. feel free to check out the site. dadamo.com Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
Back
Top Bottom