Fat guy: RTHR scheduled for Aug. 25...worried! Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
@IMs , tell everyone you see on the day that you are anxious. They will totally understand and do everything they can to help you get to a calm place.
 
@IMs I had general anesthesia and in preop they put an "anti- nausea" patch behind my ear. I had NO nausea at all and took off the patch when I got home. Might be worth asking about... Good luck!
 
@IMs you will do just fine! Oddly, although it takes four different meds and several hours to control my post-GA nausea, I would rather have that than a NEEDLE the size if the Space Needle in my SPINE and be awake for insertion! How much sense does that make, eh? Lolol! I had general and perhaps they gave me something spinal when I was out, I don't know. My OS says that the patient is looser (on the Hana table) with GA. I am all for whatever makes him happy!


My phone sent this using BoneSmart Forum, clever phone!
 
Shame on you, @zauberflöte, for suggesting such a thing about the spinal and scaring folks! @IMs, I can assure you that the anesthesiologists know their stuff. I was wide awake and never felt or saw a thing when they inserted the needle---most folks don't.
 
  • Agree
Reactions: IMs
Thank you, ALL! Just 2-÷ days to the surgery on Monday. ..at the pre-op EKG, they mentioned something about an R wave (what could it be?)...

2. Also, could the BMI of 37 create complications pre- or post-surgery? I am praying that they finally agree to spinal anesthesia...at least, then, I would not be UNDER G. A. but just sedated. Oh, I AM confused AND nervous, to say the least!

Thanks a million tons in advance, all the best and God bless ALL of you ALWAYS!
 
I found this on R waves:
broken link removed: https://m.wisegeek.com/in-cardiology-what-are-r-waves.htm

My long time friend who weighs 545 lbs 6 ft tall just had a meniscus repair under ga. He did fine during and after the procedure.

Good luck and try not to worry too much, you'll be good as new in no time:)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I wanted a spinal due to severe nausea, delayed recovery, etc with GA with past surgical experiences, but after a good talk with the anesthesiologist, he assured me they would concoct a good combination of GA/anti-nausea meds to minimize the effects - and I had the best recovery EVER. (It probably helped that they let me sleep it off for 11 hours afterwards, too.) Just focus on the outcome ... your bone-on-bone pain will be GONE GONE GONE! Once you get past the first several days of swelling/soft tissue discomfort, you'll be SO glad. Don't let your anxiety ruin the anticipation of a wonderful outcome!
 
Thank you very much, @newLifeX2 and @PA Gal, for your sagacious words...your words of comfort and help...I am praying that the Good Lord Jesus help me to calm down and surrender myself to HIS guidance, for HE knows better than I what is BEST for ME!

Thanks again, warmest regards and God bless!
 
hey there @IMs
when I had my surgery, I choose GA.
the anesthesiologist warned me about effects after when using spinal anesthesia disorientation, headaches etc. etc.
I'm 5'8 214 lbs. when I walked using a walker that same day, I felt nauseated with every step. I didn't vomit but was dry heaving. that lasted about a day or so.


Best of luck to you!

I had jitters all the way to the OR but once the anesthesia entered my blood stream, I knew everything was going to be alright.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
@IMs hope you are resting comfortably. Will be looking for your recovery thread.
 
Thank you soooo much, @newLifeX2, for your kind words...honestly speaking, I am not resting comfortably but quite a bit anxious and nervous. However, I must surrender myself to HIS guidance and control: all the best and God bless!
 
IMs I love your submission to the Lord! You know there are many Christians on this forum and we all pray for one another. We will be praying your you too, have no fear!
 
I appreciate your prayers (I need them...) a million tons, @Josephine: May ALL of you continue to be richly blessed of the Good Lord Jesus Christ! Warmest regards and prayers!
 
Praying for you this morning as you are going into surgery, @IMs ... remember, His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches YOU! "Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows" - Matthew 10:32 And "Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid." - Matthew 14:27
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom