Recent content by renatelynne

  1. renatelynne

    Nata returns... been gone a long time

    surgery has been postponed until Jan 31 due to scheduling conflicts of the surgeons. The waiting is the worst part
  2. renatelynne

    Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

    Great job Sonja. I should finally be getting my knee reconstruction next month and working on learning to walk again.
  3. renatelynne

    2013 December SuperNovas - Are you having knee surgery in December?

    Yep. I have to be the rare one *g I will be around. I still don't have a firm date... I would feel better if I did.
  4. renatelynne

    TKR Starting to wish I'd never had a knee replacement

    OMG if your tag is right, it is only 5 weeks out? And you are cleaning house and shopping besides doing PT. No wonder you aren't being able to bend your knee... The poor thing is tired! Way to early to worry about it not bending 100
  5. renatelynne

    2013 December SuperNovas - Are you having knee surgery in December?

    I try to stay low profile most of the time cuz my story scares people. I'm the 1%.
  6. renatelynne

    2013 December SuperNovas - Are you having knee surgery in December?

    short version - I have had three knees. 17 surgeries. MRSA and other infections and 4 or 5 different spacers. First knee was great for 3 weeks then I got MRSA and because of them not catching it fast enough and allergies to antibotics the MRSA was there for over 4-5 months. waited a year...
  7. renatelynne

    Nata returns... been gone a long time

    Saw my ID doc today. She loves how healthy I look. :yahoo: (she has seen me at my worst!) mupirocin & hibiclens in my future! She wants infection protocols at the hospital to insure I have the best chance to NOT get another infection. So I've been cleared by everyone except for my blood...
  8. renatelynne

    2013 December SuperNovas - Are you having knee surgery in December?

    As of now Dec is the month. They just haven't come up with a date yet (two surgeons) that both can be there at the same time. It is looking like the second week of dec sometime.
  9. renatelynne

    TKR Starting to wish I'd never had a knee replacement

    don't let them scare you to much. It could take more time than you want but it hasn't been long enough to write it off as never bending. I was in an imobilizer for 8 months and they didn't think I would ever bend my knee. I don't know the degree but mine bends all the way back under a chair...
  10. renatelynne

    Nata returns... been gone a long time

    I probably didn't phrase things right. My doc isn't "my amputation is the only answe"r... But it is a possibility. I've got a great surgeon. He has put in the hinged knee and knows Dr Maale. There is just a LOT of damage in my knee. Diagnosis: is Chronic Infection of Knee Join...
  11. renatelynne

    Your helpful pre-op recovery items/set-up for home?

    My grabber thing was my saving grace but then again I had infections which ment a LOT of pain when I moved much. It helped me not have to move as much and to pick up things or turn off and on the lights in bed.
  12. renatelynne

    Nata returns... been gone a long time

    oh he is willing. and he is knowledgeable enough... my knee is the problem. I've had two flaps and both the mcl and the pattella are basicly gone. There isn't much muscle left in the leg from the calf to the thigh. Because of the two flaps there isn't much place to cut. I've lost muscle...
  13. renatelynne

    Nata returns... been gone a long time

    Josephine Can you give me any reading material? Or where I could learn more? I want to be as informed as possible for my next appt.
  14. renatelynne

    TKR Knee feeling strange

    I don't want to scare you too much but when pt did that to me and I got a pop it was my patella tendon pulling off the bone. Make sure you see the doctor if you still have pain and/or can't move it right.
Back
Top Bottom