Recent content by Red's Mom

  1. Red's Mom

    TKR Slow and Steady Recovery

    Just caught up on your thread. You seem very active for a knee who is only one month old. At that point in time I was still iced, elevated and resting 23.5 hours per day. This recovery can't be pushed and requires extraordinary patience. It is worth it in the end. Good luck as you proceed...
  2. Red's Mom

    TKR 60 degrees ROM at 2 weeks. No progress at all :-( <

    Yeah Brian! Good to hear your enjoying your new knee. It is so true this is a year+ recovery period. Enjoy life! Thanks for the update.
  3. Red's Mom

    Bonesmart newbie- right tkr - 90 days and counting

    Your family will be temporarily inconvenienced for a permanent fix to years of pain and discomfort. I encourage you to mentally cross the bridge to self care for the initial recovery periods. You may want to look into the GFS Marketplace store for pop in the oven one pan meals that are family...
  4. Red's Mom

    Flying after surgery

    If your still icing carry empty ziplock bags through security and request ice from a food vendor on the other side of security. I was required to take asprin the day before, day of and day after my flights and use the alternating compression sleeves in flight. Try to get seats with extra room...
  5. Red's Mom

    Moving Forward On Two New (Conformis) Knees

    Greetings and well wishes as you head into the two new knees phase of your life. I am exactly a year ahead of you. Machu was installed 11/1/16 and Picchu followed on 11/28. I am a retired nurse. The BoneSmart mantras made sense to me. My OS was comfortable with me directing my recovery and...
  6. Red's Mom

    And another Dr says no

    Many folks here have had TKR at "young" ages. Keep looking and in the meantime address your other health issues. I hope you are able to find a way to alleviate your knee pain!
  7. Red's Mom

    TKR Two New Knees!

    It's hard to believe but last week I scheduled my "yearly" checkup! It was 11 1/2 months ago this journey started. Machu and Picchu have different personalities but both are overall happy campers. The recovery is a journey but the process is totally worth it. I am now blessed with a pain...
  8. Red's Mom

    TKR Cherie's Post-Op TKR Questions and Observations

    I'm hoping this six week plan will bring you some relief. It must be very frustrating to be struggling a full year out. Please keep us posted. In the meantime know I'm sending good vibes your way!
  9. Red's Mom

    Help

    Tired was a big part of the recovery. There was something magic after the six month though. I began to get a bit of my energy back and by 9 months my energy level seemed to return to normal. Remember the recovery for a TKR is a full year or more. Read the library articles about energy drain...
  10. Red's Mom

    TKR Starling's Staged TKRs Recovery Thread

    @Starling welcome! You are doing well for two new knees! The BoneSmart mantras work! Please don't overdo anything and rest elevate and I've often. Good wishes for continued success with your new knees.
  11. Red's Mom

    TKR Question About Using Heat

    Great news! You'll continue to gain for a long time!
  12. Red's Mom

    TKR Question About Using Heat

    throughout my recoveries I experienced all sorts of weird sensations. Some painful, some just weird. Pressure, snapping, sliding into place, feeling like it was going to give out etc. occasionally I still have weird pops and cracks. All normal is what I'm told! Thankfully they do seem to...
  13. Red's Mom

    TKR New Year, New Knee - Jan. 3, 2017<

    Julie. I just got back on BoneSmart. I'm sending hugs and a ladder your way to grab onto and climb up out of the pit, I'm sorry your having dark days again. This recovery thing is arduous for sure. Your strong and have a strong faith. Your going to be ok. My knees L<R still get angry...
  14. Red's Mom

    TKR Recovery Time<

    Oh my goodness. You've worked so hard and are still struggling. Please listen to Josephine and try the BoneSmart mantras! Odom luck to you!
  15. Red's Mom

    TKR JJ65's RTKR Recovery Thread

    Try tapping gently. I found that when I weaned of norco the itching went away!
Back
Top Bottom