TKR 60 degrees ROM at 2 weeks. No progress at all :-( <

It's great to hear how good your knee is now. Thank you for coming back to update us.
 
Bert, you really are a success story that many people will be uplifted to read. Thank you for posting your story---nothing is more frustrating than slow healing,

@Josephine I think this story should be in the amazing knee success stories!!
 
What a wonderful success story! Others will be inspired by your story! Thank you for sharing your journey!
 
Your recovery has inspired me from before my surgery. I’m so happy to hear you’re doing this well!
 
OMGosh, this is what I needed to hear! My ROM is terrible and PT keeps telling me if I don't break through the pain I will have to have a MUA! Today is 4 weeks post op. I am now able to walk in my house without a cane but I still use my walker when going outside...scared of falling! I feel my knee is getting better every day. Thanks for the update!!!
 
Yeah Brian! Good to hear your enjoying your new knee. It is so true this is a year+ recovery period. Enjoy life! Thanks for the update.
 
This is great news! Thanks for posting!! It's very encouraging to us turtles taking the slow route.
 
This is for everyone who feels they are only making slow progress. Remember that it was the tortoise who won the race, not the hare:

[Bonesmart.org] 60 degrees ROM at 2 weeks. No progress at all :-( <
 
15 month update-
I resumed snow skiing this week for the first time since my TKR. The new knee worked great! I skied all day Wednesday and Thursday and plan to ski all day today as well. Got up to 64.8mph on one run! Did some double black diamond runs yesterday. My TKR knee works just as well now as it did 10 years ago. Very happy about that!

For those of you struggling with ROM and a slooooooow recovery - don't lose hope. Your ROM will return eventually.
 
You are awesome. I remember your knee and how swollen it was in your photos and look at it now it's gorgeous.

The phrase "hold the faith" comes to mind.

Today at hydrotherapy I had a little moment the physio made a suggestion I 'jogged' in the water. Now it's over ten years since I moved faster than walking and I was laughing as I'd honestly forgotten how to do it, no muscle memory at all but I did it.It's not skiing but maybe at this point it was my very own black run.

Thank goodness for the good physios out there and for folks like you who show what we can do the bonesmart way.

Mind you my friend wanted to know if i jogged or jiggled
 
I often Jogged in water---I would wear a belt and jog in the deep end.

funkymuse---I am so happy to hear about your skiing. when facing a tkr, people want to discount the up to one year rehab!! They want the instant success. Yours is a story to notice---patience is paying off with improved life!!!
 
Yowza Brian!! You are my hero. I am hoping to hit the slopes at least once this winter - if we ever get some decent snow! I expect I'll stick with the blue runs for my first go at it . . .
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom