Recent content by Ready2HikeAgain

  1. Ready2HikeAgain

    Bilateral PKR A hiker's new knees

    @Jamie - I saw you write to another knee replacement on here about ripping of scar tissue. I am about 14 weeks out of my bilateral partial knee replacement. My recovery has been going really well. Walking up the stairs this afternoon I felt a pop in the back of my left knee and then had severe...
  2. Ready2HikeAgain

    Bilateral PKR A hiker's new knees

    Yep, PT is still open: sanitized, gloved and masked. I really have enjoyed my time there and made strides in my range of motion, mobility and now currently working on strength and balance. I was really in a bad way for the two years before my surgery, so I am making the most of my insurance. I...
  3. Ready2HikeAgain

    Bilateral PKR A hiker's new knees

    Hello All - week 8!! I can’t believe it. I started back to work last week, did my own grocery shopping, cooked Easter dinner for my husband and myself, was able to vacuum and even went on a short one-mile hike with my husband one of those days. Still elevating and icing as much as I can. I am...
  4. Ready2HikeAgain

    Bilateral TKR Pams Mar 16, 2020 bilateral TKR

    Good to hear about your progress Pam. Like Lynn, I too started drIving around week 5 or 6. It was a lot easier than I thought. Good luck to you!
  5. Ready2HikeAgain

    Bilateral PKR Shin pain

    Hi @Kitty5193 - I also had bilateral PKR on Feb 19. I was experiencing shin pain, as well, but at 6 weeks. Even pain the my ankle too. I did find that rest initially helped and even put my ice pack in those areas. But what has helped me the most is the strengthening of my quad muscles in my...
  6. Ready2HikeAgain

    Bilateral TKR Pams Mar 16, 2020 bilateral TKR

    @pamsknees - great to hear your progress. I too am so glad I had both knees done. Interested in hearing how you managed after your walk. How far did you manage? Pain? Swelling?
  7. Ready2HikeAgain

    Bilateral PKR A hiker's new knees

    @aperture - I can totally relate to your experience. Just when I think I am doing so great, I will completely overdo it and I feel as though I set myself back a week. I am not a very patient person anyway, but I just want so bad to be normal again. I still feel exhausted at times from lugging my...
  8. Ready2HikeAgain

    Bilateral PKR A hiker's new knees

    @bikinglynn - I wished I would have taken a picture of mine, but I know for sure my legs are straighter now. I can tell already that I am walking better.
  9. Ready2HikeAgain

    Bilateral PKR A hiker's new knees

    Yes they are! @Rubyroo! for me it’s been worse than the regular knee pain at times. And I struggle with the doc and pain meds. They are all so frightened of addiction and I think they worry about getting in trouble for prescribing. It’s ridiculous how some of them make patients feel as though...
  10. Ready2HikeAgain

    Bilateral PKR A hiker's new knees

    Almost to six weeks. Yay!! :yahoo: Started driving myself to PT. Still having some sleeping issues, but doc prescribed muscle relaxer for the spasms and cramping. I am also taking magnesium and potassium as supplement. Tried sleeping in a bed instead of my recliner about 10 days ago. Didn’t go...
  11. Ready2HikeAgain

    Bilateral PKR A hiker's new knees

    Week Four - day 30. I really turned a corner this week. PT went really well. I am managing the swelling well and my flex and extension has really helped me be able to move easier. My Physical Therapist continues to massage and manipulate my knee caps. It really helps to free up movement. I also...
  12. Ready2HikeAgain

    Bilateral TKR Pams Mar 16, 2020 bilateral TKR

    The exhaustion will get better. Each day you will notice you are able to do something that you couldn’t do the day before. The first week or two will seem like a blur. I can remember waking up and not even realizing that I fell asleep for two hours, just because my body was healing. Sleep will...
  13. Ready2HikeAgain

    PKR Pain and redness on top of knee cap 5 weeks post PKR

    @aperture - I did both knees with a partial on Feb 19. I really appreciate following your recovery as I have had some of the same issues. Especially the twinge of pain about 4 weeks in. Still trying balance doing too much and still getting the MOD that I need to progress. Still feel unsteady...
  14. Ready2HikeAgain

    Bilateral PKR A hiker's new knees

    So... does this pain get better at some point? I am still experiencing pain when I walk (sometimes a very sharp pain when I seem to step wrong) and terrible leg “zingers” and cramps almost every evening. I am trying my best to wean myself off of pain meds, but I am finding it hard, especially at...
  15. Ready2HikeAgain

    Bilateral TKR Counting down!

    @pamsknees - Thinking of you this evening. Hope everything went well and wishing you a welcome to the other side.
Back
Top Bottom