Thank you so much to everyone who has replied. I am seeing a surgeon today to get an opinion on surgery. The pain has gotten worse and I'm now on pain meds to help get any sleep. I have been worried about getting approval since the mri shows moderate arthritis. The first doctor I saw wanted...
Hi everyone. I was part of bonesmart when I had my knee replaced 3 years ago. Now I have intense hip pain due to arthritis. I can only sleep a few hours a night. I'm exhausted. Seeing a surgeon this week to talk about options. Also been researching beds and hope to get one soon. I feel...
I made some appointments with doctors from the resources on this site and from yelp reviews. I have an appointment with Dr. Penenberg per NightQuilters source. I may not be able to see all of them because of my insurance so have to go with who I can get in with first. I do not like the feel...
Hi all, I have been away for awhile, but have been reading some of the posts here. I am one year and 2 months post R TKR. I am walking ok, except for the clunking and some of the clicking sounds. However, I still have quite a bit of pain. I went to my OS in July and he said everything was...
I think I am not doing this right, but can't figure out how to get to my original thread. I am writing because I am almost a year out with have a right knee replacement. I am not very happy with it. I know that my extension is good, but my bend seems to be closer to 110. I had hoped for more...
Thank you Sparkie for continuing to post your progress. I have not been so good at it. I am at about 8 months out and not sure where I'm supposed to be at in my own recovery. I had good rom at my last PT appointments at 6 months post op- o and 115-120. I have been going about life like I...
Thank you night quilter. Yes it is so hot and dry. I am glad my place is cool in Santa Monica. Those sound like good exercises. I have done them before and can do them while I am laid up. My pt told me I would never be able to kneel again, so if you are close to that, that is wonderful...
Brenda, everyone, I haven't checked in for awhile, though did respond to probertons post last night. I am 5 months out and I have some great moments. It's hard right now since I have a bad cold and have to be in bed. Then the knee gets really stiff. If I over do it, like I did with an...
It's been almost 5 months for me since the initial surgery. I haven't checked in for awhile. I can relate to all of you. The knee definitely seems to have stages it goes through and then times when it is unpredictable and acts up. Just when I relax, if I do something out of the ordinary, the...
I agree with Jo. You can't do the exercises with out the meds. This recovery demands that we stay in close contact with our inner self and listen to our body. We can't stay in the mind and just do what the mind thinks we can do. Pacing is hard to learn and it is the lesson with this recovery...
Good idea to go to primary doc for the meds. I too have the knee experience with anything touching it. There is a video on this site where a guy uses plastic wrap to protect it. I have been doing that and it works really well. I use it for bed at night and for when I am wearing long pants...
It is so nice to meet you. I am sorry this has been such a trial for you. I would research your area and get a second opinion on all your issues from a proper physical therapist. Look at yelp reviews, try to get a good referral to someone. You have a complicated situation where it might...
If she has a uti and they are treating it, how long should it kick in? You must be freaking out. I am sending you love and support. It will turn around soon. My mother, (84), always goes off the grid when she gets a uti. They treat her and then she is back to normal.
I have some psychosis after my surgery. It was related to the uti and the pain meds. I had to have people around me tell me that everything is alright and that I was safe. Try to find the words that she connects with, like a mantra, that she and others can say to help her feel safe. It was...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.