Wow:wowspring: it sounds like you had a great vacation and your 150 ROM :egypdance:/mobility levels :spin:are great.
The walking and cliff climbing sound fabulous - I am really hoping to do that next year with or without my "sports" walker:walking:as we've booked for the Dolomites in Northern...
@Shortie - I saw my OS in August - he thinks that this is possibly normal because of my operation being extra invasive with the sinking of long stems into my tibia/femur and the subsequent bone marrow inflammation. Also stability was always going to be tricky as I suffered an unusual quadruple...
Sorry that you are having such a bad experience. I think that some doctors are very bad in preparing people for the extent of the pain following this particular surgery. It also sounds as though communication has been very poor in your doctor's absence - thank goodness you have home nursing...
Sorry that I have not posted for a while - so just a quick update
I started working again part time a few weeks ago - it was not the way I wanted to do it with a walker, not driving and in pain but I felt I needed to try and get back. It is going OK but there is a lot more pain and swelling...
As others have said - not all TKR protheses retain your cruciate ligaments so if yours is damaged the OS will we able to choose one that is suitable
I had a TKR following an accident resulting in quadruple ligament ruptures on the same knee (both cruciates and both collaterals) - my recovery...
You will not need too much as you will only be there a short time
The first 24 hours I wore lovely Swedish hospital gown - so much nicer than you get in US or UK - like a soft knee-length t-shirt with buttons in the front. Then after I wore t-shirts with cropped joggers. I needed some shoes for...
Hi Birdie1 :welome:
I think what you are describing is pretty common in the early weeks of recovery. Although the open scar has healed there is a lot of deep tissue healing still going on which causes all sorts itching and burning (some of my skin peeled as well) - in addition at around this...
Just trying to do a little final elevating and icing before the 10 hour drive to our hotel for the night :elevate:- letting the DH and the kids pack the car :heehee:
Will try and check in in a few days (wifi permitting)
Packing frenzy here - heading for a family reunion in the UK and it will take 48 hours to get there (car, boat and hotel).
Not looking forward to the long hours in the car. Even the actual time spent with family will be challenging (although lovely to see them) as I will not be able to do my...
Oh no Sonja - you have no luck at all - last year it was capsie and this year it's footsie :elevate::heehee:
I guess you need to cut out all weight bearing exercises :dancy: and take it easier :chillpill:
I had a 3 week non-weight-bearing period a few months ago when they thought the the long...
The 6 week window of opportunity is a myth - most people make progress for 6-12 months after a TKR - sometimes after a year as well
The "no pain no gain" approach can really slow down and delay recovery by overworking injured swollen joints which in some cases can even encourage adhesions to...
It sounds as though you have several health problems that might be contributing to your tendency to fall that are not only related to your TKR
It sounds like you may have something similar to Meralgia paraesthetica - a condition that leads to numbness in the outer leg...
It seems totally absurd that your medical team is talking about a second :yikes::yikes:MUA when you are only 4 weeks out :shocked::shocked:-
Pushing the recovery may in fact be delaying it
So sorry that you are not getting the support you need at home and from the medical staff :friends:
What is your level of swelling like? ROM is very influenced by swelling
In the early months I used to suffer ROM loss all the time when my knee swelled up and I could feel it bent less- then I rested my knee and it improved - luckily I live in a country where there is no number obession. My...
Sorry to hear that your OS did not prepare you properly for this surgery with what yo expect and how long full recovery might take
It does sound as though he was quite rough when he examined you - although I have to say that orthopaedic examinations often are pretty rough most doctors really...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.