TKR Puffin is soaring into the sky

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would really miss our warm pool too--I am sorry. And I hope the Aspercreme works for you---I have had good luck with it, I can't take aspirin because of asthma.
 
Hi Puffin,
My PT gave me an exercise for swelling, you might want to try, it works for me.
Lying down on your back:
Breathe in your nose, out your mouth 5 to 10x slowly (don't hyper venilate)
Do 5 to 10 mini sit ups, just barely lifting your shoulders off the bed.
10 ankle pumps each ankle, you can do circles if you like
10 gluteal sets
10 quad sets each knee
Do these very gently, and they may help move the fluids out of the swollen area.

Hope the aspercreame is helping.
 
@Pumpkln - thanks for the exercise tips - I will definitely incorporate these into my day :dancy:
 
@skigirl - thanks for the Aspercreme tip - the kneecap is still swollen but the pain is definitely less since I started using this :thumb:
 
I forgot to add you have to do these in the order listed. Theory is they open the lymph system.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@puffin
Hi Puffin :wave:
Just stopping by to see how you are doing :) I am glad the Aspercreme is helping you.
With @Pumpkln & @skigirl helping you. You know you are in good hands. This forum is so Amazing,
So much information & kindness :loveshwr:I hope you continue to get better everyday :friends:
Love,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Puffin--I think Pumpkin is on the track. I went to a lymphatic massage person too. Her massage helped a lot. She gave me a "wrap" with strirated forms in it---sort of like the foam people put on their beds. It looked sort of silly to me---but, I like the therapist, so I tried it. I could not believe the difference!!! It was huge.

In addition, there are a lot of videos on You Tube about how to compression wrap a leg to increase lymphatic drainage---they are fascinating. But, perhaps there is someone nearby who does lymphatic massage?
 
@skigirl
Unfortunately so far I haven't found anyone around here that does lymphatic massage - I have asked around but to no avail. I had hoped that maybe the PT would do it or know someone as they are trained in things sch as acupuncture. Using youtube my teenage daughter somtimes attempts it but his has decreased a little not school is out and she is working and seeing friends etc
 
You know it is a traditional mid-summer holiday in Sweden when it is grey, rainy and freezing cold :rotfl:

We managed to dodge the rain and went to a traditional mid-summer celebration in the next village - saw the traditional raising of the mid-summer pole and watched the folk dancing displays. There was also public folk dancing with all ages taking part - even my teenage daughter danced to keep warm :happydance:I would have loved to take part as I was so cold - perhaps next year
 
Sweden sounds like Montana!! I only love countries with cold climates. My two favorites right now: Iceland and Finland!! I find that a full length down coat is one of the necessities of life!! I also have a 3/4 length down coat, two down sweaters and two down jackets. Oh yes, an ultralight down shirt!!! We call Patagonia Patagucci here in Montana.
 
@skigirl
Iceland is my favourite place - I met my husband there on a trekking holiday even though we were from different countries (neither Icelandic nor Swedish as it happens). I have been hoping to get back there for many years to show the girls the place. We had promised ourselves a trip back after I completed my PhD - unfortunately the day before the PhD went to press I slipped on the ice ... and the rest is history :elevate:

Love Finland as well - we have spent many holidays on the Ã…land islands
 
I am so jealous of Europeans, you can travel short distances and find yourselves in a completely different culture.

We flew to Europe last year to see Bob's daughter who lives in Bonn. Her husband is Lebonese and works for Ford. We flew into Reykavik and I fell in love---it is wonderful from the air--such a small island filled with mountains, ice and hot springs. I wanted to stay over but my husband has a bad back and leukemia, so everything is a struggle for him. We barely made it to Bonn before he collapsed. The trip home was just awful, but again, I looked longingly out the windows.

That trip made my travel lust spring to the forefront. But, Bob cannot travel, so I have to just dream for now.
 
Packing frenzy here - heading for a family reunion in the UK and it will take 48 hours to get there (car, boat and hotel).

Not looking forward to the long hours in the car. Even the actual time spent with family will be challenging (although lovely to see them) as I will not be able to do my usual icing and elevating when the pain starts
 
@puffin
Have a nice trip, :capn:The change of scenery will be good for you, plus visiting family :)
I hope your knee behaves. Don't forget to get out of the car & stretch.
Have Fun,
Diana:loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Just trying to do a little final elevating and icing before the 10 hour drive to our hotel for the night :elevate:- letting the DH and the kids pack the car :heehee:

Will try and check in in a few days (wifi permitting)
 
Enjoy your trip the weather here in the UK is lovely at the moment

Shortie x
 
Good luck with the trip.
 
I am glad to see that you are getting out of town. Its good to get away and see something else and do differenece things. Have fun but take care. Tashia
 
Hi @puffin I am not sure if you are still on the forum but just thinking of you and wondering how you are managing now. Remembering that Diana mentioned she had heard from you during the slow time when the forum was being switched over and things were now working yet. I hope things are great and that your knee is not giving you any difficulties. This summer has been beautiful lots of time in the park and will miss it when the weather gets cold. On waiting list for second knee and just anxious to get a date for surgery. Hope you have enjoyed your summer and looking forward to hearing from you hope you are still posting. Holly
 
Yes, Puffin, we need to hear about your trip so that we can experience some vicarious travel.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom