Recent content by Pony

  1. Pony

    Squatting: never, after THR?

    My surgery never took "anything" away, it gave me back my life, hadn't ridden a horse in about four years before surgery, couldn't set down across a horse without severe pain "hip dislocating", I'm back to horseback riding now and went on vacation with a friend, last time I went was wheelchair...
  2. Pony

    THR Hi I'm back..

    @Krista , I've been using a couple extra pillows and so far even though they keep falling off the bed it seems to be working .. I had my 1 year checkup today, got xrays ect. Dr was very happy , said everything looked good and told me my next appointment was in two to three years unless I start...
  3. Pony

    THR Hi I'm back..

    @mlsread I've really not got any pain other then when the blood starts circulating again. @Miss Muffet , yea I've tried that it works for a little while till they end up in the floor lol..
  4. Pony

    THR Hi I'm back..

    So relieved LOL, was worried a bit though.. But I think I still love my firmer mattress just gonna try and not end up on the left hip again although that is gonna be hard to do.. :)
  5. Pony

    THR Hi I'm back..

    I've never had the other leg go numb but it seems I always wake up on the op side
  6. Pony

    THR Hi I'm back..

    @Jaycey yes , sure did.. I love the firmer mattress but hubby hates it LOL, and now that this is happening I'm wondering if I love it as much as I thought I did, I was afraid that might be what is causing it but wasn't sure..
  7. Pony

    THR Hi I'm back..

    @Josephine , not sure if I've done this right but hope so.. I've been doing well staying busy but in the past couple of weeks when I wake up, "its happened about 5 or 6 times", I woke up with my leg entirely numb, I almost always lay on the side "left" of the hip replacement. Its only just...
  8. Pony

    THR FINALLY!!! Cynthia777's Recovery Journey

    So glad to hear you are doing great.. Living and loving life again.. :)
  9. Pony

    THR Hi I'm back..

    Hi everyone, not been on here in a while.. Doing great and loving my new hip.. Riding and walking, still have to concentrate on not limping although its not from pain LOL, its so weird.. Hubby hasn't been getting after me nearly so much for limping, "he helps remind me to not limp" LOL... I am...
  10. Pony

    THR Hi I'm back..

    Yes it is... So wonderful... And I'm walking a lot, just today as I was walking up to the barn I was thinking about how much different I was from last year at this time..
  11. Pony

    THR Hi I'm back..

    I'm doing wonderful.. still a little stiff at times, but nothing compared to before surgery.. I'm living again!.. And of course Athena
  12. Pony

    THR Hi I'm back..

  13. Pony

    THR Hi I'm back..

    I am so happy, and while I'm still not riding a long time "I'm gradually building up , not actually for myself but for Snow, as he hasn't been ridden for a long while" I'm doing great.. Loving riding again.. And another of Athena
  14. Pony

    THR Hi I'm back..

    My hip is doing great, no pain while riding, my knee gets a little stiff but is no problem, walking for much longer and can tell I'm still gaining in strength...
  15. Pony

    THR Hi I'm back..

    Smiling today!
Back
Top Bottom