Recent content by Polkadot

  1. Polkadot

    PKR My Drama Queen Patellofemoral Knee

    I agree completely with @phrog's description!
  2. Polkadot

    TKR The adventure begins

    It's great to hear that you can handle grueling days of inspections with aplomb! I could have written this, as it's my story, too (grrr!): ...while I am pretty active now , there are things the second knee is preventing me from doing. For one thing, I still can't do a good job of foot over...
  3. Polkadot

    Bilateral TKR Second Year Progress

    That's a great 7-month report, @mlwreader ! Congratulations on making it this far with your sanity still mostly intact. I agree with @phrog that your thoughtful and expressive posts are worth reading! You describe what a lot of us have been through/are going through/are about to go through...
  4. Polkadot

    PKR My Drama Queen Patellofemoral Knee

    Re surgery and eye changes: Medications, stress, and other life events can cause (often temporary) inflammation, changes in blood pressure, and "odd" changes in the body. I imagine surgery affects these things too. So after my surgery, my vision was quite different. Was it the medications...
  5. Polkadot

    MUA LTKR, 8 weeks out; MUA at week 5; worried about ROM

    Thanks, everyone! You all have certainly helped me keep hold on the "eventual life" after TKR!
  6. Polkadot

    MUA LTKR, 8 weeks out; MUA at week 5; worried about ROM

    Wow, it's been a long while since I've posted here on my own thread! I am now 10 months out from surgery, and things have settled down a lot for me. I have no pain except for when I overdo things, and then I notice discomfort mostly on the stairs. My ROM has never been great but allows me to...
  7. Polkadot

    PKR My Drama Queen Patellofemoral Knee

    Hi, Jockette, Regarding the dentist, call and ask. I was rescheduled for a crown because I didn't take an antibiotic beforehand. Yes, it does happen! I'm proof. :heehee:
  8. Polkadot

    MUA Post MUA, knee hard as a rock<

    "Working the knee at home" sounds a bit like doing ADL's--activities of daily living. I want to second, third, and fourth the comments already given you that your husband likely did too much, and there is internal swelling. His story is pretty much what happened to me, including having an MUA...
  9. Polkadot

    PKR My Drama Queen Patellofemoral Knee

    Jockette, when you cautiously massaged your knee with the cortisone, that sounds like some movements my PT did with my knee when it wasn't cooperating. Just gentle movement, side to side, and around, with a couple of fingers. I know what you mean about not liking to feel the kneecap--ewwww...
  10. Polkadot

    PKR My Drama Queen Patellofemoral Knee

    In regards to your musing about patella mal-tracking before and after surgery, my husband had a major episode of it when he was a young man before I met him. He discovered the problem when he was walking the Appalachian Trail. Going downhill became agony for him. He had to stop his trip, for...
  11. Polkadot

    PKR My Drama Queen Patellofemoral Knee

    Hi, Jockette, I am sensitive to some adhesives and not to others. My PT used one kind of tape the first time (no problem; kept it on for 4 days); and a different kind/color the second and third times. The second time, with the different kind of tape, I took it off the day after she applied it...
  12. Polkadot

    TKR Phrog's Great Expectations - Downgraded a Little<

    I may take you up on that walk, Phrog! If I visit Lacey, she will be working during the day, so I will be footloose and fancy free!
  13. Polkadot

    TKR Phrog's Great Expectations - Downgraded a Little<

    Your update reminds me of me. Can I do all the things I wanted to do pre-TKR? No, because some of the limitations I had back then weren't due completely to my crumbling knee. I still get out of chairs stiffly after sitting for some time, and getting up can still hurt, just for one example...
  14. Polkadot

    TKR Phrog's Great Expectations - Downgraded a Little<

    Oh, no...not the rotary cutter! I did that once, about six weeks after I ran a sewing-machine needle through my thumb. People just don't realize how dangerous sewing can be. :loll:I'm not laughing at your injury, though. I hate even thinking about it. Isn't it great how they can glue things...
  15. Polkadot

    Revision TKR Revision again

    The basics for extension are pretty much what this BS thread I bookmarked, Extension and Flexion, says--I've done a lot of looking online and haven't found much else. There are, of course, variations. One thing I did a lot of, in addition to what I call "the knee hang," above, is stretching my...
Back
Top Bottom