Recent content by Peaches0000

  1. Peaches0000

    Revision TKR Difficult recover after multiple revisions

    Hello, I had 65 staples on my right knee and 64 staples on my left knee. It was a lot , but it actually made the scars very minimal. They seem to be totally disappearing. Of course, I just hit 1 year on my right and it will be a year in May on my left, so it sure didn’t happen overnight.
  2. Peaches0000

    MUA Post MUA ROM Failure

    Nag, I am so sorry that you are having such a rough time. It will get better with time, I had both knees done with TKR ’s In 2020, 4 mos apart and I still have to ice them everyday after 9 hours of work. It is definitely a marathon and not a sprint. i admire how motivated you are and how hard...
  3. Peaches0000

    TKR 12 weeks post op TKR

    Sleep is so important, It effects healing properly, mental moods,etc. I had to ask my Family Dr for a prescription for Ambien at 3 months Post op. It was just the thing I needed and I quit them easily after a few months. I wasn’t taking any narcotics by the time I got them or I would have been...
  4. Peaches0000

    Knee Infection* Revision - spacer exchange

    Hate to be a party pooper, but it is just not worth the risk. After your surgery and a covid vaccine shot, maybe she could come for Easter. I feel your pain, my husband just had a bone marrow transplant for multiple myeloma and has 0 immunity- I sleep in the guest room and wear a mask in our...
  5. Peaches0000

    TKR Cococay in pre-op

    Cococay, that is terrible news about your young friend passing away so suddenly- life sure is not fair sometimes- I am so sorry for you and her family. weirdly, a month before my right TKR, I went to get out of bed and my “good” left knee gave out when I went to stand on it - I was in the...
  6. Peaches0000

    TKR New Moon's Recovery Thread

    New Moon, welcome and sorry that you have been through so much already-you are a survivor and will get through this also with flying colors- it just takes a lot of time and patience. I think it’s too soon to give up the Oxy. Just get a prescription stool softener from the Dr. and take that...
  7. Peaches0000

    TKR 5 weeks after surgery

    It’s hard to believe at this moment for you, but everyday gets a little better , at least for most people. The pain is truly shocking in the beginning. You hear about it, but it’s like something you have never experienced before. Only people on here who have been through it , truly get how mind...
  8. Peaches0000

    TKR Trouble sleeping after LTKR

    @TurtleKnee Sounds like everything is going great for you ,except the sleeping part. My primary Dr gave me a prescription for Ambien and it worked like a charm. I used it for a few months and did Not have any trouble quitting it. I think after the surgery, that I got into the habit of waking up...
  9. Peaches0000

    TKR Pain after an almost fall

    @2newknees2020, so sorry that you are having such a rough time, I had both of my knees done around 3 months apart, it’s been rough, but I am sure happy that it is over with. Everything you are feeling is normal. There are no easy answers. It’s a tough surgery. My knees still hurt everyday, I...
  10. Peaches0000

    Revision TKR Scared about surgery

    Just wanted to say that I am thinking about you and wishing there was someway to make the pain more bearable. Life really isn’t fair and I have had to take a break from Facebook, everyone is having a jolly good life ( at least on their site- LOL) and my life totally sux for the past 3 years and...
  11. Peaches0000

    TKR 16 months out-ugh!

    @MonyMony, you have nothing to lose by quitting PT for awhile, just to see if it helps. I did PT pretty much for 9 months straight with a January Right TKR & a May Left TKR and quit last month and have felt better just doing daily activities.Of course I work 40 or more hours a week, but I feel...
  12. Peaches0000

    TKR Too early?

    Zusanna, welcome and I will now have to quit complaining that I had to back to work at 6 weeks. It was supposed to be light duty, but that is a fairytale if you have a busy job. It really does hurt your recovery. I admire how much you are doing, but it’s taking its toll on you. I personally...
  13. Peaches0000

    TKR Bikeknit's Recovery Thread

    Bikeknit, I drove at 4 weeks with my Right TKR and 2 weeks with my left ( my crazy 90 yr old uncle took 7 sleeping pills , he thought they were vitamins and I had to rush to his side. He was fine, had a good snooze all day. I just didn’t take pain pills when I knew I would drive. It was easy ,I...
  14. Peaches0000

    Bilateral TKR BTKR Recovery - on the way to my new life!

    Thanks London Trainer, my husband does have Multiple Myeloma , so I know you understand. I do take it one day at a time, because it literally takes my breath away if I picture my future without him.
  15. Peaches0000

    Bilateral TKR BTKR Recovery - on the way to my new life!

    London Trainer, you have been so strong with having both knees done and you really have been on your own alot. I am so sorry about your husband passing away. I feel your pain. My husband was in the hospital when I had my 2nd surgery done in May and they misdiagnosed him and he now has terminal...
Back
Top Bottom