Recent content by Pattikakes

  1. P

    Bilateral TKR Bikinglynn's Recovery Thread

    Good to hear your update. I'm basically at the same place you are and my surgery was on Jan. 21, 2020. Walking is getting better every day and I am feeling much more stable and sure footed. Standing in one place is still a little bit of an issue, just like you said. I guess we are just where...
  2. P

    PKR QdogPa recovery

    I know my case was probably a little different since I had two total replacements within five months of one another and I knew that the recovery was long so I was prepared in that way. However, until you go through it, you really don't know what to expect. Both of my surgeries were completely...
  3. P

    PKR QdogPa recovery

    Again, I agree. It's the same with me. I try to be patient with the recovery process; but, sometimes it gets to me--especially when I'm trying to do a few "normal chores" like cooking or putting away groceries and I have to take a break after what seems like a very short time. Standing...
  4. P

    TKR Pattikakes Recovery

    Does anyone know anything about your foot being strapped into a boot during tkr surgery to keep from movement. I 've had an ankle problem since my surgery on 1/31 and a of told me while I was in the hospital this was so and that' why I was having ankle and foot pain.
  5. P

    TKR Aug 20 hard work.

    I'm so glad reading these recent responses. It makes me feel so much more normal. Some days, you think you've turned the corner only to find that the next day, back to aches, zingers, etc. Even my gait is different on some days. There's days when I feel I'm walking almost like a normal...
  6. P

    TKR Pattikakes Recovery

    I am a little over 7 months out from my RTKR and 2 months since my LTKR and have noticed that standing for a lengthy period of time still seems to cause quite a bit of stiffness. For example, standing at the stove or countertop and cooking for more than 30 mins (sometimes less) and I have to...
  7. P

    TKR Rubyroo TKR #2

    You all had me laughing I was visualizing your "walking" styles. Just yesterday, I described mine as looking like Frankenstein.I guess it's part of the journey.
  8. P

    TKR Pattikakes Recovery

    I'm wondering if anyone else is rethinking PT in view of the Corona virus? I got to thinking about all those hands touching all the equipment without being sanitized after every use. I think I've made a decision to pass on PT for now.
  9. P

    Bilateral TKR Bikinglynn's Recovery Thread

    It seems it doesn't take much to overdo it. Yesterday, I felt pretty good as I headed out to doctor's appointment. So, I came home and prepared dough for homemade pizzas and then, baked brownies for dessert. By the time I was done, I could hardly make it to my recliner. Then, pain and...
  10. P

    PKR QdogPa recovery

    I had my surgery on the same day as you and basically I am at the same place. I think it goes with the territory. One day it seems like I've turned the corner and the next, not so good. This recovery takes lots of patience.
  11. P

    PKR QdogPa recovery

    I had my second TKR on 1/21/20and have to say that it's totally different than my first on 8/20/19, which was quite easy and recuperation was so quick in comparison. This time everything is much slower and much more painful. It sounds like most of us at five weeks are about at the same place...
  12. P

    Bilateral TKR Bikinglynn's Recovery Thread

    My TLKR was on 1/21/20 and also cold most of the time. I, too, started using a heating pad a few days ago since adding layers of clothing wasn't helping.
  13. P

    TKR Pattikakes Recovery

    I have a question about weaning off pain medication. Fortunately, my first TKR in Aug. was not that painful and I didn't need to take prescription pain meds very long and I just naturally was able to taper off quite early in recover. This time, it's different. I had my second TKR Jan. 21...
  14. P

    TKR Pattikakes Recovery

    Home from the hospital after having second TKR. This one was a little more extensive since they found I had some bowing of the bone and it involved more to make sure I would end up with a straight leg. Now ice, meds and rest. PT evaluation on Mon.
  15. P

    Bilateral TKR Bikinglynn's Recovery Thread

    Congrats to you, Bikinglynn and to you, too, Loneshark64. Wishing you the best as you continue to heal. Remember to baby yourself during these early days of recovery. Ice, meds and rest will be your friends. I had RTKR on 8/20/19 and will be having my LTKR on 1/21/20. Can't wait to join you...
Back
Top Bottom