Recent content by Paj

  1. Paj

    One week to having a new hip!

    Barbara Great to see you getting on well. I am now 9 weeks post op, and its now just re-building the muscles, so keep up the exercises that the Physio gives you Keep us all up to date with your progress. Regards ... Mel
  2. Paj

    THR Paj - New Hip 5 January 2015

    8 Weeks Post Op - Busy week but all going well Saw the Surgeon on Monday. I really do think he is excellent. He is quite cautious, but as Bonesmart says "its a marathon and not a sprint! He wants me not to exceed the 90deg rule, to still use the raised toilet seat for another 3-4 weeks He was...
  3. Paj

    One week to having a new hip!

    @Brog13 Good luck and best wishes, not long to go now, tomorrow is it ?. This time next week, you will be wondering what the concern and fuss was all about Don't forget to create your own new 'thread' in the 'post op' part of this forum, then we can all follow (and probably envy) your fast...
  4. Paj

    One week to having a new hip!

    Brog13 - the videos Videos to help with activities of daily living after a THR Discussion in 'Post-surgery information (hips)' started by Jamie, Sep 15, 2014. The Hospital for Special Surgery in New York as put together an excellent set of videos for patients who have some restrictions after...
  5. Paj

    One week to having a new hip!

    Hi Brog13 Just replying to your other questions which was on the other thread Lounge Chairs - you said that they were soft and low. What I did was raise the chair by 4" using the Elephant Feet Chair Risers, and padded the chair out with a couple of cushions behind my back, so I did not lay too...
  6. Paj

    Beyond Terrified and so terribly sad!

    Hi Brog13 Nothing to worry about, you will have no problem I am now 7 weeks post op and everything is improving day by day. I walked 3 miles today using mainly one crutch I saw your post to 'sabresfan'. Useful things to get: Elephant feet - chair risers, I have 4" versions on the chair in the...
  7. Paj

    THR Paj - New Hip 5 January 2015

    Jaycey Thanks for the info. When I had the op I thought my follow up with the surgeon was 6 weeks. When his secretary phoned me she said he likes the post op review after 8 weeks. So apart from the excercises the Physio at the hospital gave me to do, and my quite long walks, I have so far not...
  8. Paj

    THR Paj - New Hip 5 January 2015

    Jamie - Signature updated. 5 1/2 weeks gone post op. Still no pain. Still using 2 crutches outside (could use 1 crutch, but 2 for safety) Can now get into and out the SUV without a step, can drive no problem Still on meds, but reducing - when do I stop ??. Still using TED stockings....do I...
  9. Paj

    I have arrived!

    @sabresfan. It looks like you are really improving, its great news :heehee: I am going well. Its now 4 and half weeks post op. Going for walks outside every day, I am still using 2 crutches outside as it takes some load off of the 'good leg' (which really isn't that good !), only use 1 crutch...
  10. Paj

    I have arrived!

    @sabresfan. How are you getting on ? Has all the swelling gone now ? I guess you are getting pretty mobile by now Best wishes
  11. Paj

    I have arrived!

    @sabresfan Well done, with ice the swelling should go pretty quickly I am 3 weeks post op, and going pretty good I have never had a lot of pain, even now, but I am taking my meds regularly as Bonesmart says I have done several walks on 2 crutches of 400-500 yards, felt a bit sore the next day...
  12. Paj

    I have arrived!

    Donna Its great to see you out the other side. Must be super getting home. Please keep us all informed how your recovery goes Mine was a Posterior, so we are in the same team ! Regards .. Mel
  13. Paj

    18 days can't come soon enough!

    Good luck Donna, for you the op will no problem at all. We are all thinking of you. ...Mel
  14. Paj

    18 days can't come soon enough!

    Not long to go now. This time next week, it will all be over and you will well be on the road to recovery I am just over 2 weeks post op, and with crutches can walk 300-400 yards twice a day, so it goes to show recovery can be quick Best wishes
  15. Paj

    THR Paj - New Hip 5 January 2015

    Donna Thank for your comments and advice Cutting down on the meds is my next problem, so I will take note of what you say about going careful. I currently take 2x Codeine 30mg, 2x Paracetamol 500mg and 1x Ibuprofen 400mg three times a day Starting tomorrow, I am going to reduce the Codeine to 1x...
Back
Top Bottom