I have arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day. 4 Had my first shower today. Always feels better after a showe. Still waiting for the magical toilet milestone. I am hoing that wilk help with this bloated feeling. Can't be to.far off in the future
 
Day 5 finally some relief in the bathroom. That feels so much better. I have been mostly laying walking icing.Feel a bit better than yesterday. Hoping for forward progress.
 
Feel a bit better than yesterday. Hoping for forward progress.
Early days - but great you are feeling better. Keep up that resting and icing. It does make all the difference!
 
@sabresfan. How are you getting on ?
Has all the swelling gone now ?
I guess you are getting pretty mobile by now
Best wishes
 
@Paj things are progressing. I still have a bit of swelling. Hopfully a little more time and ice will do the trick. Moving alot better than before the surgery and than yesterday. I am feeling a little more secure on it. I think I was being real afraid to move it to much that I would injure it. After therapy I realized it isready to move. Been making the stairs and such. Just need a few more days healing. How are you?
 
Yahoo day 9 - its early in the day and managed to clean the toilet. Small progress but needed. Much help with grabber. My husband has been absolutely wonderful. Between dealing with helping me, shoveling, working on the car accident I had 4 days prior (complete total), cooking, more shoveling etc. My brain finally feels a little less foggy. Now back to ice.
 
@sabresfan. It looks like you are really improving, its great news :heehee:
I am going well. Its now 4 and half weeks post op.
Going for walks outside every day, I am still using 2 crutches outside as it takes some load off of the 'good leg' (which really isn't that good !), only use 1 crutch indoors, and have tried a few 'no crutch' wobbles across the front room
Have reduced Meds, will probably take the last of the codeine tonight, but still on Paracetamol (same as Tylenol) and Ibuprofen, but I have still not had any pain.

We live on the south coast of England by the sea, yesterday I went for a good walk along the promenade, and had sandwiches and coffee sitting in a shelter in the sun overlooking the sea !!....real life at last !
Weather here is 35-40degF (no snow) and was blue sky and sunny, so no shovelling !

Keep in touch and let us all know your progress
 
Staples out on day 15. Ouch that hurt
 
Getting those staples out feels great and you will find it so much more comfortable to sit. Oh and so much nicer to shower! How is everything else going for you?
 
@NuMe2014 It made everything so sore. The doctor said my skin is very thin and the tape had caused some blisters. He also changed medicine from Percocet to Narco. It totally wiped me out Plus did a little to much out time. This chick is spent for the day! How are you coming along?
 
I am doing great. I have been using just the cane since week one. I can't complain. My recovery has been uneventful. PT says I am way ahead of time frame. Just hoping it all keep up. Just very bored. Glad the weather is miserable or would be pushing the limits. Hoping everyone has a great day.
 
Nice to hear that you are doing great. I agree with you about the weather being bad as a good thing, it holds us back at a time when we need to just take it slow!!!
 
@sabresfan Donna, slow and steady. Yes, it's boring. But better boring than in pain, right? A few short weeks for a lifetime without pain! :happydance:
 
How long before the limp goes away?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom