THR Paj - New Hip 5 January 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not done any side lifts (abductors?), as the surgeon doesn't want me to do these until I next see him
This is good! At this point all you need to be doing is increasing your walking. Please let us know how your followup goes.
 
8 Weeks Post Op - Busy week but all going well

Saw the Surgeon on Monday. I really do think he is excellent. He is quite cautious, but as Bonesmart says "its a marathon and not a sprint!
He wants me not to exceed the 90deg rule, to still use the raised toilet seat for another 3-4 weeks
He was OK that I had stopped using the TED stockings.
On the subject to DVT - He said 3 months was OK to fly for short haul flights, but would recommend 6 months wait before long haul. Even then for both short and long haul he would recommend flight socks or the TED stockings, but to also take a Junior Aspirin before flying - no big deal as I confess apart from putting the TED stocking on, they were quite comfortable
He said its OK to drive the manual (stick shjift) car , as I now have enough strength in the left leg, I have been driving the Auto SUV for 4 weeks.
I will have to have my Right Hip replaced, but he wants to wait a while, so my next appointment with him is in 4 months, when he will see how I am progressing and then discuss plans for the Right Hip
I have stopped taking all Meds, I have not had any pain at all

Wednesday saw me at the Physio for the first time. Again, I feel lucky the physio certainly knew his stuff.
The first 15 minutes was all about taking a history from me, and repeating to him what the surgeon had said
The next 40 minutes was mainly on the bed, doing lots of different exercises and up and down stair in the gym area.
I now have a series of exercises to do 2-3 times each day.
Next appointment next week
I will try to attached the exercises I have to do

Indoors and for short distances I can walk unaided however I have bee walking 2-3 miles each day with crutches as I live on a steepish hill, he wants me to use a walking stick instead as it will put more pressure on the new hip to make me walk straighter

Onwards and Upwards !!
 

Attachments

Great update @Paj . Slow and steady does it. Enjoy your increasing mobility. Long may it continue!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom