Recent content by Paisleydoll

  1. Paisleydoll

    TKR Ten Weeks Out.

    Work is going as well as expected, for being retail during the holiday season. My knee is tired and swollen, but I have to say that, compared to the pain I was in before surgery... There IS no comparison! I go home and put my feet up for a bit, add some ice, and it mellows down. Co-workers have...
  2. Paisleydoll

    TKR Ten Weeks Out.

    @kneeper - Thank you for asking! Happily, my scheduling manager is the best, and is giving me every other day to ease me back in. Her direct quote was "We're just getting you back, we don't want to break you again right away!" Which was good, because yesterday was... unpleasant. I was fine...
  3. Paisleydoll

    TKR Partial Replacement 10/21

    @Azeela - I'll try not to over do it, but I'm afraid I'm a member of that club! :heehee: At least I'll have the next two days off to recover. (Which means I'll probably go to the mall and see if I can get something resembling holiday shopping done... But I'll take my cane, even though I don't...
  4. Paisleydoll

    TKR Ten Weeks Out.

    @Celle @referee54 - Thank you :-) I'm just really surprised at how much I'm stressing out about going back to work tomorrow. It's a four hour shift, I'll be tossed behind a cash register with a stool (if I feel I need it), and we've arranged an every-other-day schedule for a while (I won't be...
  5. Paisleydoll

    TKR Partial Replacement 10/21

    Yikes! My PT was doing this as well, and I couldn't function for a good 36 hours after he did it. Seriously, I'd go in feeling good, and struggle back out in absolute agony. I finally told him that I couldn't do it anymore, it hurt too badly, and just worrying about it took up way too much...
  6. Paisleydoll

    TKR Ten Weeks Out.

    And back to work this coming Monday. And I'm not sure how I feel. Yesterday turned out to be surprisingly challenging. I drove, with my family, out to the in-laws to pass the turkey and pie, and it turned out to be an incredibly uncomfortable experience. I ended up eating my dessert standing...
  7. Paisleydoll

    TKR Ten Weeks Out.

    I have my ten week follow-up with my OS today, and got my written permission to go back to work. I'll be on-call for next week (which is fine by me, I'm OK with NOT working Black Friday!), and then on the schedule for the following week. At the suggestion of my supervisor, I had put in the...
  8. Paisleydoll

    TKR looking for help

    If you have 90 degrees at five weeks, you're doing OK. Really! I did the same thing to myself, thinking I "should" be further along than I was, and should be "feeling better" and etc., etc., etc. you're not alone in any of that! What you're probably doing wrong is being way too hard on yourself...
  9. Paisleydoll

    TKR Day 7

    At seven days I'd tell people that I had about four 'good' hours a day and those four hours usually didn't happen at the same time. And, if I was lucky, they'd happen while I was awake!
  10. Paisleydoll

    TKR missing my knee

    @MotownGirl66 - Yup, I need to have the other one done as well. (Thanks, genetics, for the osteoarthritis!) I'm thinking March of 2015, so I can have it done under the same insurance co-pay and have PT covered by the next year's coverage. And my scar is really unattractive, but it's better than...
  11. Paisleydoll

    TKR missing my knee

    @reallylola - I'll admit, I'm kind of a weirdo. I was grabbing my teenage daughter's hand last night, and putting it on my knee as I flexed it going "Feel that? That's plastic between two pieces of metal!" (She just rolled her eyes and was like "Mother, you have a strange way of entertaining...
  12. Paisleydoll

    TKR missing my knee

    I get it. I'm just a little ahead of you (almost 10 weeks) (EDIT: I'm only at nine weeks. Would you believe I've been walking around all day thinking it's Saturday? Nope, it's Tuesday. I have no idea what's going on anymore! :rotfl:) and my knee has been poking out little bits of the stitches...
  13. Paisleydoll

    TKR Jane B.'s New Knee

    What, you don't want to come back to the loverly 30 degree weather? Whyever not??? :heehee:
  14. Paisleydoll

    TKR So glad I found you all

    I'll admit that I'm not either, my first four weeks were a mix of fairly aggressive in-home PT followed by lots and lots of ice and elevating. I couldn't imagine going back to work after three weeks. (I had a fill in therapist come in one weekend, as my regular pt was off for a couple of days...
  15. Paisleydoll

    TKR Ten Weeks Out.

    Two months. And today is my last day of PT. My therapist has said I'm well ahead of the curve, and he can't do anything more for me than I'm already doing for myself. My flex (on Monday) was at 118, and my extension had made it to -5. (We also checked the other knee, which is sitting at -3, so...
Back
Top Bottom