Recent content by OUCH!

  1. OUCH!

    TKR New Pain one year post op RTKR?

    Thank you @SusieShoes this is very reassuring. I will keep an eye on it and if it continues acting up I will call doc. He essentially discharged me at 3? Months. He does not do one year follow ups.
  2. OUCH!

    TKR New Pain one year post op RTKR?

    I had RTKR on Dec. 9, 2016. My knee has been feeling great for months. I have had some weird clicking that I notice especially when driving, but mostly all is fine. Two or three days ago I had a very localized pain that felt like it was deep in the knee. It was a fairly constant barely...
  3. OUCH!

    TKR New Pain one year post op RTKR?

    Hi All, I'm 6 months out from LTKR. I can do nearly anything I want to do and have little pain. Do have a question though. My knee feels like it is clicking and clunking. Not sure how to describe it. Doesn't hurt just feels weird. It was happening occasionally, but today it has been...
  4. OUCH!

    THR Weight bearing concern - 6 months out

    How did your appointment go today?
  5. OUCH!

    THR Weight bearing concern - 6 months out

    Having similar issues. I will post more later. Long day and I fear I woudln't make much sense.
  6. OUCH!

    THR Ouch's Odyssey the Other Side

    I'm back from the OS. Went about how I expected. My prosthesis looks great according to him and it is likely a "muscle strain". He gave me another prescription for PT and would have given me a script for an anti inflammatory, but I can't take NSAIDs. He did say as I was leaving that if it...
  7. OUCH!

    THR Ouch's Odyssey the Other Side

    Thank you @krysta I am not sure I really ever had the bone on bone pain. My hip was bone on bone and a total mess, but it has always been these soft tissues that have bothered me. I start regretting the surgery sometimes and then I remind myself that my hip had started buckling under me and I...
  8. OUCH!

    THR Ouch's Odyssey the Other Side

    Thanks @Josephine, all things I was thinking. Also reassuring that stairs are hard. I often have to have someone help me carry up my water bottle or book or whatever so I can use the railing. I am only taking the tylenol 3 times a day because the fourth time would be in the middle of the...
  9. OUCH!

    THR Ouch's Odyssey the Other Side

    Thanks Sheri, I hope you are right. I felt much better than this a few months ago, so I am concerned that maybe I injured something? Or maybe all the favoring of my knee made my hip angry? I was going with out the can for a couple of weeks about 6 weeks ago. My surgeon has completely...
  10. OUCH!

    THR Ouch's Odyssey the Other Side

    Six months post op and still in pain. @Josephine and any one else. I would love your input. The pain is both at TL2F and VLTF. Its kind of in the crease where leg joins body and also above that when I press on the bone there. And from VL1F to YL1F. Sometimes the pain on the outside of my...
  11. OUCH!

    About how long will I want to use raised toilet seat?

    I definitely needed it in order to not break the 90 degree rule until doc lifted that at 5 weeks. Mine is the commode type with arms that stands over the toilet. I was ready to get rid of it at 3 months when I had my knee replaced. I'm 6 months out from hip and 3 months out from knee. I don't...
  12. OUCH!

    Choosing a surgeon and hospital?

    You have to happy and confident in your decision of course, but unless something makes your case really specialized, I wouldn't advise traveling across the country for a new hip. Its a pretty straightforward surgery as long as you have someone experienced who does a lot of them I honestly don't...
  13. OUCH!

    THR Ouch's Odyssey the Other Side

    Both my hip and knee were replaced at Morristown Memorial. Great, Great, Great experience. Hospital has a beautiful new orthopedic wing with all private rooms. Proper day bed that my husband could have slept on if we wanted him to stay. Good care from the nurses. I was simply in too much...
  14. OUCH!

    THR Don't know what to do

    @Krista thank you for sharing that link. I'm still having a great deal of pain and weakness. That video was very informative.
Back
Top Bottom