Guest viewing is limited

TKR New Pain one year post op RTKR?

Cutting them in half is also saving money in the long run! Sounds good to me!
 
@sistersinhim very true, but my copay was only $3 so not a huge savings. :)

Problem is the 4mg are much smaller than the 2mg, so they are hard to cut in half.
 
Wow! That's crazy! There must be a lot of fillers in the 2mg. Oh well, they'll last twice as long!
 
Good News! I was able to help get the kids off to school today. Drove 13 year old to school because its cold and got 10 year old up and ready. Hubby did drive the 10 year old. I could have done it, but knee was hurting and 10 year old was whining. Since dad decided to let him stay up late watching a movie on a Sunday night, I decided he could listen to the whining in the car! 16 year old essentially gets himself out the door these days thank goodness.

My goal for next week is to cook a nice (early) family dinner next sunday and get everyone in bed early so that I can take over next monday morning. I have not really be cooking yet at all, except small things for myself. I'll be 7 weeks on Friday. Since I am a stay at home mom, i see this as my staged return to work.
 
Carol Anne, try to do casseroles that mean just throwing things together or crock pot meals. After crock pot meals one of the first things I made was lasagna. I put the meat on low to brown and sat, Getting up every once in a while to stir, then put the lasagna together a few hours before dinner. Make sure someone else is on clean up duty though. I also used a stool instead of standing to cut chicken etc. because standing is more painful than walking.
 
Hi All,

I'm 6 months out from LTKR. I can do nearly anything I want to do and have little pain.
Do have a question though.

My knee feels like it is clicking and clunking. Not sure how to describe it. Doesn't hurt just feels weird. It was happening occasionally, but today it has been happening every time I do anything with that leg. I especially noticed it walking and driving. Anything I should be worried about?
 
Mine still clunks some. And certain ways I move it in bed can cause some sounds. Nothing hurts, so I'm not worried about it. If yours doesn't hurt, there's probably nothing to worry about either.

Isn't is wonderful to be able to do the things we want to do without the knee holding us back!?
 
My left knee still occasionally makes some noise. No one else can hear it and I think of how wonderful it is I have a functioning knee.
 
I had RTKR on Dec. 9, 2016. My knee has been feeling great for months. I have had some weird clicking that I notice especially when driving, but mostly all is fine.

Two or three days ago I had a very localized pain that felt like it was deep in the knee. It was a fairly constant barely noticeable ache. Now it is much more noticeable and is constant and is worse when climbing or descending stairs.

I’m concerned because I had a filling done 2 weeks ago and I forgot to premedicate. I’m I just being paranoid that I could have an infection?

Thanks for any advice!
Carol Anne
 
Although pre-medicating for dental work is a precaution many surgeons, and dentists, advise, it’s unlikely getting a filling without pre-medication would cause an infection in the knee. That you have pain in the knee, though, after a year, and that it’s constant and bothering you is something to watch.

Have you tried treating it with ice and elevation? It could be that something you never even noticed —a bad step, an unusual sleeping position for the knee, more activity than usual, or just nothing at all— has aggravated your knee and caused some swelling. Even when our knees are healed fully, they’re still implants and are surrounded by tissue that has had surgery, so can still act up on occasion. Try resting, icing, and elevating to see if your pain decreases.

I think it’s natural to fret about infection every time our knees act up. It comes with the territory, I’m afraid. Chances are it isn’t an infection, but if you’re worried, there’s nothing wrong with calling your OS and getting his or her take. Have you had, or are you scheduled for, your one year follow-up?
 
Thank you @SusieShoes this is very reassuring. I will keep an eye on it and if it continues acting up I will call doc. He essentially discharged me at 3? Months. He does not do one year follow ups.
 
Hello again, @OUCH!
You'll notice that I have merged your newest thread with your original recovery thread.
For several reasons, we prefer that you only have one recovery thread:
  • That way, we have all your information in one place. This makes it easier to go back and review your history before providing advice.
  • If you keep starting new threads, you miss the posts and advice others have left for you in the old threads, and some information may be unnecessarily repeated
  • Having only one thread will act as a diary of your progress that you can look back on.
So please post any updates, questions or concerns about your recovery here.
Don't worry that we won't see your question because, between us, the staff read all new posts every day.
If you need an urgent response to a question, just tag a member of staff.
How to tag another member; how to answer when someone tags you

If you prefer a different thread title, just post what you want and we'll get it changed for you.

Here are the instructions on finding your thread, How can I find my threads and posts? . Many members bookmark their thread, so they can find it when they log on.
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom