Recent content by NuNe4Me

  1. N

    Bilateral TKR Snowymom's Recovery

    Elevate! Elevate! Elevate!!! It WILL get better. Keep The Faith.
  2. N

    TKR Patience Is A Virtue

    It takes a year to recover from this traumatic surgery. You need to give your knee time to >>>heal<<<. Patience. Elevate! Elevate! Elevate!
  3. N

    TKR I can’t believe I’m still dealing with this darn Knee^

    Well, you have already heard it from everyone else: If what the PT is doing is causing you pain, you should NOT be doing it. You need to listen to your knee. Dont let the PTs touch you, and definately not to force you to bend - THAT is what causes adhesions. Ask your PTs if they have ever...
  4. N

    TKR I'm 2 years out - Hooray

    Yeah, I have/had problems with leg cramps at night. I think you have the right ideas: vitamins and stretches. I am a big believer in vitamins. They work - but not as fast as drugs. The hard part is finding which one you need. My husband has a big problem with "running" at...
  5. N

    TKR Still struggling 2 years on

    How are you doing? It takes about a year to recover from this traumatic surgery. When a surgery involves cutting/breaking bone, it is more traumatic than a soft-tissue surgery. Elevate! Elevate! Elevate!
  6. N

    TKR Leg Pain Question

    How are you doing?
  7. N

    Five Weeks Post Op

    Elevate! Elevate! Elevate!
  8. N

    TKR Braindoc recovering

    What's up Doc? =)
  9. N

    1 year on the 5th of February

    Don't forget to elevate! You are sounding good! =)
  10. N

    TKR Just wondering on my progress?

    One last thing: Everyone's recovery is a little bit different. Don't be afraid to stick up for yourself with your PT! I ended up firing mine because they hurt me bad twice. I went home and got on the computer to do research, and I found the BoneSmarties - they saved me. Read and reread...
  11. N

    post op knee 2 weeks and clueless

    I think you need to slow down. Give your body time to heal. My beliefs AFTER knee surgery (or things I wish I knew BEFORE my TKR and PT): Less is more. - LESS is best. - NO pain = more gain.
  12. N

    TKR Still some pain

    I ended up firing my PTs because they hurt me bad twice. I just did the BoneSmarties' exercises (see the Library) at home. Sounds like you may be overdoing it.
  13. N

    TKR Annie's new knee recovery thread

    Thanks for asking icep707. The only thing we can figure out - and this is simply theory - is that my body was rejecting my new knee - which was the exact thing that I was terrified might happen. My OS used the titanium joint replacement, rather than the nickel joint replacement. And I...
  14. N

    MUA at 2 months and wound scrape

    Hang in there - the first days are the toughest. There IS a light at the end of the tunnel. I have had multiple surgeries - my tkr has got to have been one of the toughest. VERY painful. It DOES get better. You have come to the right place - the BoneSmartie Experts have lots of helpful...
Back
Top Bottom