Recent content by noleg

  1. noleg

    THR Feeling discouraged

    Feeling discouraged - "Always look on the bright side of life" is a song from a Monty Python film
  2. noleg

    TKR Still on crutches 9 weeks after TKR

    I've been away from BoneSmart for awhile. Still on crutches after nine weeks is unfortunate as it takes time for one's knee to adapt to a new norm. I'm an amputee had TKR in 2017 was told to stand using crutches. The day of my discharge I was wearing my prosthesis using two crutches for about...
  3. noleg

    TKR Sudden pain and swelling

    I was 68 when I had my left TKR done in November 2017 and there was pain which did go. Towards the end of 2023 my knee started hurting and the pain was bearable. I'll probably get a call to have a checkup at some stage.
  4. noleg

    TKR How soon before surgery did you all stop working?

    I am retired and an amputee using a crutch had TKR in November 2017. I was volunteering at church and could work remotely. I wasn't worried about the surgery however the surgeon did make a joke 'which knee am I doing' with my left leg before him. After surgery I was up on my leg using...
  5. noleg

    TKR A different knee

    Can't believe it's been 12 months since knee surgery - and I am glad that I decided to have the procedure.
  6. noleg

    TKR A different knee

    TEN months have flow since knee surgery on 14 November and things are getting easier. Is in unusual for muscles to appear tight when walking? Seems to happen if I'm sitting too long and so is that normal.
  7. noleg

    TKR A different knee

    Seven months since TLKR and things are going well. I still have the occasional pins & needles sensations. I have some tightness below the knee cap which comes and goes. Being an amputee I use my crutch all the time when I am out and about but sometimes walk without it inside my home.
  8. noleg

    TKR A different knee

    I am doing a fair amount of walking and know when to put my leg up. Have started using heat on the back of my knee.
  9. noleg

    TKR A different knee

    Lately the back of my knee is feeling tight I'm putting that down to sitting too long and not able to elevate my leg when I am out. Sometimes I have a pins and needles sensation on one side of my knee which subsides after awhile. I'm still icing my knee when I remember.
  10. noleg

    TKR New left knee

    Hi Suzette, I had a LTKR in November and my knee is still reminding me to take it easy. Humans are impatient wanting things back to normal.
  11. noleg

    TKR A different knee

    Celle your friend may have seen me as I was with the Salvation Army team getting rather wet in a wheelchair that was given to me to use.
  12. noleg

    TKR Acceptance and Understanding<

    We are supporting you from afar
  13. noleg

    TKR A different knee

    139 days have flown fast since LTKR - I use one crutch when I go out and try to forgo it at home. Being amputee I won't give up a crutch. Recently I walked one lap in the Cancer Society's Relay for Life which didn't hurt my knee with further laps in a wheelchair.
  14. noleg

    TKR Acceptance and Understanding<

    There's an old quote - "clothes maketh the man" - seems fashion-trend of sweatpants is popular. In the early days of LTKR my trousers felt tight on my knee so bought a couple pairs of shorts and loose fitting ex-hire trousers. The weeks have flown by since TKR in November and accepting...
  15. noleg

    TKR Progress of a November Nimble

    Like Space Knee I am another November nimble whose fast approaching 18th week. Being amputee it's no fun have tightness below the kneecap since TKR. I am icing several times a day which helps dramatically.
Back
Top Bottom