@sandydog Hi yet again. I'm so sorry to hear you are still having problems and in pain. Me too. I'm 6 months out and while still having improvement ever so slowly, I'm seeking other advice. I've seen a neurologist as I do have neuropathy but the THR has made it much worse. She thinks I have a...
@sandydog Thanks for letting us know what the results of your testing showed. I hope the shots work for you and provide relief. I'm still torn about whether I should start complaining more to my doctor or just hope I'm a slow healer. Cheers to a normal life!
Thanks @sandydog for your prompt reply. I'm going for some massage work this week on my thigh and glutes to see if this will help. Also will make an appt. with a neurologist to try to get a handle on this nerve pain which is intermittent but awful on days I have it and I can't do much to relieve...
Hi @Granny Di. I wish I could report good news but alas. Yesterday I went to lunch with some friends, drove 40 minutes and sat for 2.5 hours with too few breaks and today I'm really suffering with "nerve pain". So progress in the strength dept. but not with this nerve problem. I hope you are...
@sandydog I saw your posting on some other threads. I'm wondering what your MRI showed this week. Boy, would my husband ever be thrilled if I could work comfortably in the kitchen! Not me though. Of course, I've not been much into cooking for the past few years. Poor hubby. Are you now being...
@Suzette I am so pleased at the outcome of your meeting! Well done. And no, my sitting has not improved much. I have started to carry a sofa pillow with me in a big plastic bag where ever I go. This enables me to sit about 30-45 minutes at a time in most regular chairs. I just apologize to...
Today I finally tried to sit through a movie at the megaplex theater. No go. I spent most of the movie standing ny the wall just out of sight of the other movie goers. When I got tired of standing I'd take a walking break. That's even with Tylenol and a pain pill. I expected some difficulty...
Thanks for checking in @Sullivand. So good to hear about your progress. You will be both comfort and inspiration to many hippies yet to log on. All the best!
@Tweefishy Wow. Something must be seriously wrong at your workplace. Take extra good care of yourself. We are all thinking of you. Glad you got new flats.
@Suzette Just had to chime in on the difficulty sitting. Me too! From the first day post op, sitting has been difficult. First the butt pain, then thigh and still groin. And I am retired so thankfully don't have to sit at a desk. But so many things we do involve sitting besides driving or riding...
Thanks for your good wishes @hip hip hooray. To let me know you have responded just add the @ sign before my call name and I'll be notified via email of your response. Also it goes into my "Alerts" tab at the top of each page.
I used to do a lot of yoga in my 20s and loved it. Thought I'd give...
@Hip Hip Hooray! Dont ever do clam shells! I don't do that as an excercise, I just do the motion as I'm
lying in bed on my non op side rearranging the covers with my op leg. You are so wise to take control over what exercise you are willing to do from the start. I was under the mistaken belief...
@sandydog We are certainly on the same wave length. I use my cane on a good day! Otherwise a walker. Another reason I'm glad I'm retired. Best wishes and keep us updated.
Hi @sharonslp . Thanks for your input! I used to advocate strongly for a recumbent bike ( didn't even know they had trikes!) but my road racer obsessed Hubbie wouldn't hear of it. Perhaps I should rethink. I agree I probably do have some IT tendinitis. Also arthritic knees and the problem behind...
So I had my 4 month visit to OS but as my lateral pain was improving, no cortisone shot. I was having a good spell of days and went in walking briskly on my cane. X-rays once again looked great! That's pretty much all he says. I don't have to come back till Dec. and then only if I need to. So...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.