Recent content by NLK

  1. N

    2016 January Jackpots - Are you having knee surgery in January?

    I'm glad you just joined this site too. I used it a little almost 9 years ago when I had my first knee done and it really helped so I just joined the forum again. Wow! You have waited for so long, it must have been stressful. I have been telling myself since about 2014 that I need to do...
  2. N

    2016 January Jackpots - Are you having knee surgery in January?

    I'm scheduled for TKR on Jan. 25, 2016. It will be on right knee. I had TKR on left knee almost 9 years ago so I know the routine, but I am still nervous. NLK Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  3. N

    From TKR to Spinal Stenosis - Any Others?

    It has been a while since I posted, but I wanted to see if anyone else here has followed Mr. Arthritis into their spine. Two years after my TKR due to arthritis, the hip on that side really started hurting. It really has been hurting since before the TKR, but never this bad. So I finally got...
  4. N

    Josephine Status Report

    Yea for Jo! So glad to hear you are doing well. I didn't want to bother you with my little complaint from my private message a while ago, but your answer did help my attitude SO MUCH! My GP listened and took x-rays for me to take to my OS. From what I can see from the CD they gave me...the...
  5. N

    Want to see before and after pics?

    I think it has to be a name that fits the "personality" of the knee. My "Bill" was named after a TV actor who played a big strong, but not particularly handsome or bright guy, Bill Fagerbakke. on the TV show Coach. He does his job and I am thankful. I imagine after all those surgeries, its...
  6. N

    Want to see before and after pics?

    Hey, Your new knee looks just like my "Bill" who just had his second birthday! Aren't they strong looking? I'm so glad you are on your way to less pain and a better life. I am also in awe of what you went through the first two times. I hope you come up with a great name. New knees are so...
  7. N

    Can the TKR knee affect the hip?

    Before my TKR I had slight pain in my hips. My doctor said they were slightly arthritic. I had the TKR on my worst knee because it was constantly very painful. That was 2 years ago today. (Happy Birthday to "Bill"!) The hip associated with the new knee was painful during recovery, but got...
  8. N

    Manipulation/Scar Tissue/Adhesion question

    I had LTKR in Feb, 2007. Manipulation was never suggested, even though I only did about 3 sessions of physical therapy, (everybody was overbooked...so busy...and I had to get back to work.) My bending wasn't great, but the OS seemed to think it was OK and we all went on. Just a week ago I...
  9. N

    Weight Loss After TKR Surgery?

    Dear Grandma, I have not been able to lose weight since my TKR almost 2 years ago, but it it something I want to do and NEED to do to keep my other knee and hips as long as possible. At first, after my knee surgery, I just had to get back to work. I thought teaching junior high all...
  10. N

    Another self-manipulation!

    Oh...Linda!!!! I'm so glad you are OK after that fall. I understand about not wanting to post about it for a while. It took me 3 days to be able to talk about my front porch vacation to look at the blue sky and pine trees for a while. I get terrified again whenever I think about it. I start...
  11. N

    Another self-manipulation!

    Don't I wish!!!! The bonks from many places (head, back and neck) showed up 24 hrs after, but aren't unbearable. What I learned is a new respect for wet places. It wasn't my first fall, but all of them have shown that when the physical therapist taught me how to pull myself up.... there was a...
  12. N

    Does your new knee have a name?

    Hey Weezy, Thanks for your reply. Good Ol' "Bill" has really lived up to his character name recently and I posted a thread about my fall three days ago. "Bill" got bent back more than he has ever gone before when I slipped on ice on my front porch. He let me know he was not happy at first...
  13. N

    Another self-manipulation!

    First...I'm wishing all the best to Josephine. She has been such a help to all of us. Next....another testiment to TKR. Three days ago I fell on my icy front porch and did a do-it-yourself manipulation with my replaced knee (almost 2 years old) going backwards bent behind me. I felt so...
  14. N

    Does your new knee have a name?

    OK...I guess I am weird, but I did name my new knee. I've mentioned this somewhere else on this site and nobody came to lock me up, so I guess I'll explain it again. Post surgery I was awake most nights. An old situation comedy was always on at 3:00 A.M. and I began to look forward to it. It...
  15. N

    What would you do different?

    What a terrific question! I was hoping I could help someone by giving my opinion on what I would do differently when I have my 2nd knee replaced...something a few years away hopefully. First...I would, as many other said, take better control of the pain management. I was ignored and left with...
Back
Top Bottom