Recent content by Nay Nay

  1. N

    TKR Painful knee

    Thank you so much for all the kinds words! @jakemedic, I really enjoyed all of your posts throughout your journey. You are such a positive person. Your posts always lifted me up and made me reevaluate everything and everyone around me. Thank you so much for taking time to share your spirit on...
  2. N

    TKR Painful knee

    Good morning Bone Smart Friends! I am so sorry I have not commented on this forum since the beginning of April! Oh my, where does the time go?? Events at home have kept me mentally occupied: My sister, who I am going to Norway with at the end of July, found out she has breast cancer. It was...
  3. N

    TKR Just not where I want it to be

    Your post is so helpful for me to read! I went riding on my rode bike for the first time today, on very flat terrain. I am 5 1/2 months post op and honestly thought I would be farther along than I am. But, I am getting there. I have a pretty constant tight band feeling around my knee, so my...
  4. N

    TKR Painful knee

    5 1/2 month update (22 weeks) I have been doing the Silver Sneakers classes twice a week and I am loving it! On the days I do the class, I have learned, to only relax in the hot tub for 10 minutes, and call it a day! This has been working, as I am just a bit sore, so I ice and elevate when I...
  5. N

    TKR 5 months down the line...

    Hi @Tricky Trees . We are surgery buddies since I have my RTKR surgery on Nov. 7th. I know how you feel. My knee is often very tight. In fact, I have a constant tight band feeling around my knee and when I flex I feel it more in the back of my knee. I can't wait until I wake up one...
  6. N

    TKR Right TKR, six months post op

    Hi @Marytee . I am also a retired teacher from NY. I totally understand how you are feeling. I retired in June of 2022, after 25 years of teaching. I found it really hard not seeing my friends everyday in school. In fact, it is the only thing I miss about teaching! :heehee: I have a 5...
  7. N

    TKR Jake’s Got a New Knee

    I absolutely love what you have created @jakemedic . It is beautiful!
  8. N

    TKR Painful knee

    I have learned that doing Silver Sneakers, 20 minutes on a bike, & a lap in the pool is too much for my knee. (Still learning what I can do with this new knee! :heehee: ) I have done a lap with a boogie board before and had the same results; where my knee hurts. I think, for me, kicking my...
  9. N

    TKR Painful knee

    Good morning BoneSmart friends. I did great at the Silver Sneakers class. Whoo Hoo!! :loveshwr:It was a lot of fun and I was able to do everything without modification. It was nice being in a class where you could do whatever your ability is. Some people stayed in a chair the whole time...
  10. N

    TKR Painful knee

    Thank you @sistersinhim , @EalingGran , & @Layla for responding so quickly ( and kindly) to my post! So, I haven’t done any classes yet at the gym because my OS recommended waiting 6 months PO. ( I would have to agree with him because the 1 class I really want to take is a spin class. I cannot...
  11. N

    TKR Painful knee

    Good morning to all my fellow BoneSmart peeps! I know I haven't posted since the beginning of the month, but I have been reading many of my fellow TKR journeys. I find reading other fellow TKR journeys to be extremely helpful and keeps me working at being positive. :) :-) (: Today, is my 5...
  12. N

    TKR 2nd TKR Left on 10/16 (RTKR 10/13/21)

    Happy Tuesday @ALOKneedsadvice . I am a few weeks behind you in recovery. It sounds like you are having a great recovery. At 4 months out, I feel like I have been back to my life, sort of too! I go to the gym 1-2 days a week, and during the rest of the days I am doing ADL and my stretching...
  13. N

    TKR Yoga post TKR?

    Hi @teacheri35 ! You had you tkr surgery a week before me! I am also a teacher, but I retired in June 2022. I give you a lot of credit! I can’t imagine having to go back to work while still recovering from this surgery! I think your ROM is amazing! I am not quite there yet, but working...
  14. N

    TKR Painful knee

    Thank you all for my birthday wishes! I had a great day, filled with warm sunshine! We spent nearly all day outside, which was a gift. However, last night my knee was complaining a bit. I guess I did too much preparing for company, being on my feet most of the day, and cleaning up. I also...
  15. N

    TKR Painful knee

    Good morning BoneSmart peeps!! Well, today is my 64th birthday and I have to say at 16 weeks ( it will be 17 weeks on Tuesday) I think I have finally turned a real corner!! I have noticed since Friday I have not had any real pain in my knee. I still have tightness, but it is only...
Back
Top Bottom