Recent content by nancy2

  1. nancy2

    Revision TKR May Have Loosening Of My Implant!

    Hello out there, Sounds like a lot of good vibes are going on in the recovery process for so many members. I know I havent' been online for much of anything lately. Thought I'd just post to say that I flew into NYC 12/5/12 to see Dr. Bostrom - he took his time with me and stated he cleared up...
  2. nancy2

    Oh groan - bone on bone!

    Hey Josephine! It's like students talking to the teacher. But you have taught us well-but pain does seem to have the most commanding voice at times doesn't it? Does a "stim" like TENS unit help eleviate the pain? That always "muddles" the pain for me somtimes. Will be thinking of you and...
  3. nancy2

    Oh groan - bone on bone!

    Oh Josephine, our fearless leader,:shocked: so you're not thinking you need a second opinion? I have a really great walker with slow moving wheels on the front made the treks around the house easier - how bout I hand deliver it to you? England, right-o? Well maybe I could just mail it, but...
  4. nancy2

    Revision TKR May Have Loosening Of My Implant!

    Vicki, I agree, I don't think my insurance will question it as I just had a surgical procedure done and there's reason to monitor my blood. But I think Monday I will call benefits office and get a quick answer. Knee is holding it's own - it's feels swollen and tight, I think the celebrex does...
  5. nancy2

    Revision TKR May Have Loosening Of My Implant!

    Hi Jamie and Janice, Here at my local hospital, I don't know the whys of wherefores of it all but, many of a general practioners or "family doctors" can authorize their patient to be admitted, but once that patient is admitted the "hands on" treatment and 1 on1 consulting inside our hospital is...
  6. nancy2

    Revision TKR Vicki's Venture - a new knee 7/30/12

    Oh Vicki, You're kinda in a "rough patch" aren't you? Wow - I don't do the root canals anymore - they inevitably crack (seems like they tell me that after the fact that it split during the procedure and it just isn't seen until of course the procedure has been over with) so when it gets to that...
  7. nancy2

    Revision TKR May Have Loosening Of My Implant!

    Hmm You know, if I had those amoxicillins in me, wonder why one of the Docs didn't have me hold off in getting the bloodwork for say 24-36 hours - or however long it would take for the amx to be out of my system. Well like Josephine said it would take a true infection to take longer to show...
  8. nancy2

    Revision TKR May Have Loosening Of My Implant!

    Oh Josephine, Josephine, I do work up quite a stew don't I?! See all I needed was to wake you up at 4 am last night and...problem solved! Yes my mind goes in to overdrive just like my body. my family doc said do you know the meaning of "rest"? And then proceeded to ream me out but kindly - I got...
  9. nancy2

    Revision TKR May Have Loosening Of My Implant!

    Oh NO JAN, do not think that at all! I will never regret going to HSS, I think Dr. Bostrom is Top Dog. Really - some of their staffing could be improved on - but no you helped me so much and so did they. HEy if not but for them remember...I was told in my town and in Pittsburgh no way with the...
  10. nancy2

    Revision TKR May Have Loosening Of My Implant!

    Morning All, Well I iced the knee off n on last night and got up bright and early and called my local family doc - the staff was great and got me in at 11 am. Dr. S. took a look at it and it isn't nearly as warm but definetly still red straight down the old incision scar. As we talk about...
  11. nancy2

    Revision TKR May Have Loosening Of My Implant!

    Thanks Tasha, I know just try to stay calm. But so many of us have had to face surgery after surgery just because of an infection. It's our worst nightmare, right? Yes, Janet I do have plenty of Amoxicillin and I am taking it, right or wrong. I think if I remember Jancat's post from this...
  12. nancy2

    Revision TKR May Have Loosening Of My Implant!

    Thanks so very much Mary, Janet and Rose, I didn't think anyone would see this - this time of night. I emailed Dr. Bostrom's R.N. and am faxing it now to their office too. I told them I am calling my local physician at 9 am that's when they get in. Yes, I am freaked out, I was bleary eyed...
  13. nancy2

    Revision TKR May Have Loosening Of My Implant!

    SOS - I could use some help right now - it is late in the night here - I will try to make this short I wish I knew how to get in touch with one of the administrators or some BoneSmartie that has been in my situation. Listen I am from a small town - so I did not go to the emergency room. I do not...
  14. nancy2

    Revision TKR Vicki's Venture - a new knee 7/30/12

    Same here - I use amoxicillin 500 mg, and even when I get my teeth cleaned (dr. is concered he could nic my gum) I have to take 4 of them 1 hour before hand and then 1 hr or so afterwards. I had to take them when I had a dental implant too for a much longer period though. So far so good. Oh Gall...
  15. nancy2

    Revision TKR Vicki's Venture - a new knee 7/30/12

    Wow Vicki, it took me awhile to get caught up on all the posts and info on what you've been going thru! Amazing how our bodies consistently overcome things huh? I know with Keflex, the only thing that helped settle my stomach was Coca Cola. Maybe that would help.
Back
Top Bottom