Recent content by Nammy925

  1. Nammy925

    TKR "Super Hero" knee #2!!

    Oops! Was not done LaylaHips! Accidentally pressed reply..... The PTs assure me it will look better as time goes by, but.....I keep thinking of all the shorts, dresses and skirts that are in my closet that probably will not be worn if scar doesn't improve. I wore shorts with first scar because...
  2. Nammy925

    TKR "Super Hero" knee #2!!

    Hi LaylaHips, So glad to hear from a surgery twin! Wow, surgery mishaps were going around that day, for sure!!! Well, my PT had taped that scar for last two weeks, but honestly, I can't see much of a difference. It is still raised and puckered. I did email the OS, but it looks like the PA...
  3. Nammy925

    Too young?

    @ilovefall, Don't wait!! I was in pain for 9 years because I made the mistake of taking the advice of doctors to wait. Two meniscus surgeries and countless years of hyalgen shots later, I was bow legged and every step I took felt as if someone was driving a knife through my knee because the...
  4. Nammy925

    TKR "Super Hero" knee #2!!

    I agree with you @uva55 on every point. My OS is extremely popular and therefore very busy. Plus you are right about insurance companies. The hospital cost was $103,000, but the insurance had negotiated to pay only $46,000!!! I had absolutely no complaints with the PA during my first TKR. In...
  5. Nammy925

    TKR 11 weeks little progress

    Coachtab, My heart goes out to you! It is so difficult to decide what's best for oneself, whose instructions to follow, when you are this miserable! Your title leads me to believe you are an athletic person used to getting results with exercise. This would be true if you were working with a...
  6. Nammy925

    Bilateral TKR BTKR: What was I thinking?

    Oh my goodness, that is just terrible!! I'm a month post op, have a terrible looking scar, but my PT says too soon to massage it! Instead she's trying to tape it flat. She has taken coconut oil and massaged my calf and thigh, but it was a gentle massage for my tense aching muscles, nothing...
  7. Nammy925

    TKR This Teacher's TKR Recovery Journey

    Kazilla, A little jealous that you had your first day of school with your kids. I'm really missing the craziness and excitement of a new year. I won't meet my new class till after Thanksgiving!! I hope you have a great year! I will make sure to follow you so I can get some pointers when I do...
  8. Nammy925

    TKR "Super Hero" knee #2!!

    @KarriB Good for you! Glad you put that OA in her place! Sometimes they are over eager to participate and diagnose!! My particular PA whipped out a prescription pad, during my 2 week post-op, and was eager to write pain medication prescription for me. I said "No , thanks, my Primary Doc...
  9. Nammy925

    TKR Confused and Depressed

    Sallyd, So sorry you are going through this! Isn't it a terrible roller coaster ride!?! Taking too much meds, or not enough meds. Feeling like you're not doing enough, or maybe doing too much! IT IS confusing and depressing! My salvation has been this site! On my fifth week of recovery and...
  10. Nammy925

    TKR "Super Hero" knee #2!!

    Kneewords, No, scar not better yet, but therapists working on it and hoping it will improve. I emailed my OS through an app called Health Loop letting him know how dissatisfied l was with the work. I even sent photos. But, guess who answered? Yep! The PA! Said I was not giving it enough...
  11. Nammy925

    Knee Infection* One Good Leg.

    Haha! Still learning to navigate these threads! I should have read further on! Josephine answered my question in your conversation with her. I DID have calf tenderness! Enough to warrant an exam for blood clots! Sorry I'm so behind in reading your thread. Feeling foolish! 11 July, 2016...
  12. Nammy925

    Knee Infection* One Good Leg.

    Karri, I had heel pain with my first TKR. It felt tender if touched, and sometimes it felt as if someone was holding a lit candle underneath it. It burned so unbearably sometimes when I put weight on it. When the nurses and Doctor checked they couldn't see any problem and said that it just...
  13. Nammy925

    TKR "Super Hero" knee #2!!

    @ Kneewords Thank you for your kind words. I, like you was very disappointed to have had the PAC take a bigger role in my surgery. We later found out he had only been working for the OS for 3 months. Just my luck that his previous assistant, and the one who sutured my first incision, is now a...
  14. Nammy925

    TKR Hippietoo's recovery

    I'm post-op 4 weeks on Monday, and my foot is also turning out when I walk! I'm wondering if it's just an instinctual way to prevent pain?? I say this because when I make an effort to walk correctly, albeit slowly, heel... toe, I get pain in my knee, or sometimes shin splint like pains? Is...
  15. Nammy925

    TKR "Super Hero" knee #2!!

    @kneeper Yes, I have seen those scar photos! In fact, my beautiful scar is #620. I have been trying to upload this recent scar, but I keep getting an error message. If you could see the difference, you would agree that they did a terrible job suturing the new one! 11 July, 2016 LTKR 29...
Back
Top Bottom