Recent content by MThipkid

  1. M

    THR THR - a variety of weird things I've noticed

    Greetings dinsmaum! Well Id say well enough. I did take 2 trips to another city this week about 200 miles round trip each time. I sure feel stiff and sore after driving and sitting too long. I am having some swelling at the end of the work day as well. I work 4 ten hour days, but the swelling...
  2. M

    Hip Infection 2 stage revision, hip infection

    I didn't do much of any exercises except the glute flexs, knee presses and ankle pumping. I figured getting up and down every 2 hours was enough. The main reason I did the exercises mentioned was because of the fear of blood clots. I'm gonna say the getting up and down to pee at least 12 times a...
  3. M

    THR Bath transfer bench

    My reason for finding different methods was that it was completely impossible for me to use the shower bench alone. I couldn't wrangle it, and sliding my operated leg over the tub from a sitting position was painful, as it required me to lift it and move it from the front which is still more...
  4. M

    THR THR - a variety of weird things I've noticed

    @Zelda Yes, sulky teenager perfectly describes me today!!
  5. M

    THR THR - a variety of weird things I've noticed

    @Cynthia777 I am almost limp free with the walker but the lack of a limp makes me question the amount of weight I'm bearing on that side. So, the limp is because I'm not putting more than half my weight on that side. I'm excited to have restrictions lifted, I'm confident I'll be able to walk...
  6. M

    THR Bath transfer bench

    I have figured this one out, I will see if I can explain: So, I am about a month post op and have been showing standing up alone for a week maybe a bit more. I use the walker to brace myself. I stand next to the tub and move my operated leg in first but I bend it backward at the knee and kind...
  7. M

    THR New Here, 15 Days Post-Op

    Kyle, I see you are utilizing the same type of nursing I do. I have 3 cats and 2 dogs. The cats are very happy I spend all of my time in the main level of the house because they do enjoy taking turns sitting on my head and knee. My fat, well fattest, cat Mabel prefers the operated leg. We have...
  8. M

    THR THR - a variety of weird things I've noticed

    @kwarendorf Yes of course, must remember to breathe. I suppose the correct thing to do is just be grateful I appear to be healing. I'm very much looking forward to the "end" whatever that is. Having all sorts of daydreams about flowery fields with butterflies that I can run through, which is...
  9. M

    THR THR - a variety of weird things I've noticed

    Another round of frustration that may actually be good news. Dr will not let me off my walker until July 1, just about 6 weeks post op. The thing is this stupid walker and rollator are more tiresome and in my opinion dangerous, than a cane at this point. I was a good girl and did not go get a...
  10. M

    THR THR - a variety of weird things I've noticed

    @dinsmaum I cannot tell you how much i am looking forward to it. This week will be better, just the relief if not worrying about how to fold up to get in and out my Honda.
  11. M

    THR THR - a variety of weird things I've noticed

    @dinsmaum I went in today with my own lap top and demanded work. I am now working from home, at least for this week. So that's one dragon slayed. Weds will be 1 month post op and I am still peeing every 2 hours, so not sleeping well. I tried my bed again last night and I just cannot get...
  12. M

    THR THR - a variety of weird things I've noticed

    Thank you all so much. I have spent the past 2 days completely planted in my chair. I've napped pretty much around the clock, every couple hours. I'm still not sleeping on any kind of schedule but with dedication I think I'm beginning to feel rested. Pain and swelling have settled back down...
  13. M

    THR THR - a variety of weird things I've noticed

    @Katiedid Thank you for your kind words. I just wish I had known the extreme emotional toll this was going have BEFORE going in. My house is a wreck, and the other people living here don't seem to mind, probably because they can leave whenever they want and are used to me doing EVERYTHING. All...
  14. M

    THR THR - a variety of weird things I've noticed

    Well it seems attempting to go back to work was a mistake. I stumbled slightly yesterday and now everything hurts again. I had no swelling post op until 2 days ago, now I have cankles. I had about 5 days with no opiates, now I'm back to taking them. Worst of all is the blue feeling has doubled...
  15. M

    THR THR - a variety of weird things I've noticed

    Well. I came home from work to find my fancy new rollator waiting for me!! I hope this does what I envisioned it would. @dinsmaum I think the counselors are giving my clinical manager hell for denying me the option of catching up everyone ppwk from home, which is kind of what I had hoped for...
Back
Top Bottom