Recent content by msmo

  1. msmo

    THR Discouraged about length of time it is taking me<

    Hi @Nana40 I had my right hip done June 2016 and was unable to walk unaided for a solid 3 months. Eventually my leg strength returned so that I could fully weight bear on it. I had my left hip done 6 weeks ago and I can't even walk with a cane yet. We will get there, we just need patience. :friends:
  2. msmo

    THR One week to go!

    Hi @sinijoma I just want to chime in about the diaper cream for inflamed areas like under boobs and belly. I use Zincofax and it works a charm! Congrats on the speed of your recovery, you are doing really well! :thumb:
  3. msmo

    THR made it to the bright side

    4 months post op Hello Smarties! Hip feels good, I finally feel like I'm over the hump! Some tenderness still in upper outer thigh and glutes. My inner thigh/knee still causing me trouble when going up or down stairs, I have been using a foam roller to work out some of the tension in my quads...
  4. msmo

    THR Reflex on the mend

    @Reflex I agree with @Chihuahuan . I also take a low dose antidepressant and am positive it kept me sane during my uber slow recovery.
  5. msmo

    THR Working out this recovery thing finally!

    Great news @Wrknitout ! Wishing you continued success on your recovery :egypdance:
  6. msmo

    THR New hip for HipMomof3!

    My physio therapist said massaging the scar is to help prevent the scar tissue from attaching itself to the underlying tissue. I have an old scar that this happened to and it's really indented. Maybe massage works, maybe it doesn't, I lightly massaged my new scar and it's lovely and flat.
  7. msmo

    THR made it to the bright side

    3 months post op Slowest recovery ever, but I am getting there. OS is happy enough with my progress and has given the OK for hip #2. Oh joy.
  8. msmo

    THR New hip for HipMomof3!

    @HipMomOf3, you could try a topical rub like aspercreme on your knee. I've used one called myoflex on my aches and pains throughout my recovery and it really did help. Also you need to tell PT to back off, geeze you are still in very early stages of healing!
  9. msmo

    THR My new hip!

    Hi @Sommers16 :SUNsmile:. I have trouble with stairs too, although my pain is inside of my knee and inner thigh. I'm working with a PT to correct the muscle imbalance and weakness with my inner quads and tight hamstrings. Might be worth it to get a PT assessment to figure out what's going on...
  10. msmo

    THR Dopey

    Hopefully it makes walking easier for you. My physio guy lowered mine by two notches, much better.
  11. msmo

    THR made it to the bright side

    Thanks @Chihuahuan :flwrysmile: My recovery is so slow, once in a while it gets to me:umm:
  12. msmo

    THR Dopey

    Hi @Chihuahuan hope you're having a good day. My physio said it's ok to massage the incision about 2 or 3 weeks post op. He said the reason is to keep the scar tissue from adhering itself to the soft tissue. He said the window for that is about 3 months after that it won't do much good.
  13. msmo

    THR made it to the bright side

    2 months op date - first day physio Lots of assessment moves and exercises. Have some very strong muscles, but my oh my, do I ever have weak ones. Primarly in the glute and inner thigh. Program for now is gentle exercises for glute 3 x week and daily walking and gentle stretching until next...
  14. msmo

    THR made it to the bright side

    Ohhh @Zelda that's a great idea! I will ask what they think about that. Thanks!:flwrysmile:
  15. msmo

    THR made it to the bright side

    Thanks @Zelda:SUNsmile: I won't be able to work on my gait until my left hip is done. My OS want my op leg functioning a lot better before he will do my other side. In his terms mine are not "virgin" hips and with the deformities and scar tissue from previous hip surgeries, the replacement...
Back
Top Bottom