Recent content by Mscant

  1. Mscant

    Revision TKR Here I go again!<<.

    I tried medical massage. That was a whole different kind of pain, and I stopped doing that. You need to wait until you think you can to submit to touch. She would only do it for maybe 2 minutes at a time each time I went. Eventually it stopped hurting. But I know when it begins to form, and have...
  2. Mscant

    Revision TKR Here I go again!<<.

    @Jordan6, I had to go back and review everything that has happened to you with your knee. I feel terrible that you continue to have problems. I had a TLKR in March of 2013. I had terrible trouble. I did everything that I could think of in the 6 months after surgery, except the MUA or the surgery...
  3. Mscant

    THR Live Man (Still) Limping

    @Strod, I couldn’t agree with you more! I HATE sitting around. The confines of my house make me cranky, but boy was I glad to get out of the hospital. After 2 weeks I went to get my staples out and it was so good to be out. I made my husband drive me to the beach and just sit for a while! A...
  4. Mscant

    THR New Hippie day 12 post op

    @FLGal, I’m a bit late to the party, but welcome to the forum. The best advice I can give you is to take your meds when you need to, rest, elevate, and ice, ice, baby! Had my surgery on 10/3 and I’m doing well. This is the second hip I’ve had done. I hate sleeping on my back. I am lucky enough...
  5. Mscant

    Home and Happy with Hip #2

    Here I am 4 weeks out of surgery, and I feel great. I have very little pain. I have ditched the crutch for a cane because I put more weight on my operated hip. My Dr doesn’t want me walking unaided until 6 weeks out. He says that he doesn’t want me to develope a limp that will be hard to get rid...
  6. Mscant

    Revision THR Krista's Gluteus Medius Repair 1 Year post THR

    If we keep going the way we’re going they won’t have much left to fix!
  7. Mscant

    Revision THR Krista's Gluteus Medius Repair 1 Year post THR

    @Krista, love the pictures and am so very happy that you are living your best, pain free, life. I did not have the horrible complications that you had, with the exception of my knee, and am cirrently recovering from my 3rd joint replacement in 4 years. Having to do all that back to back and...
  8. Mscant

    THR Knitquilt’s little bumpy recovery<

    I have the list of exercises PT gave me last year after my LTHR. Most of those exercises are on the list of what seems to cause problems. I think I shall do the ones that don’t cause me pain and skip the rest. I only went 6 times last year and then stopped. My left hip is fine and I can do the...
  9. Mscant

    TKR Not a new patient but I need help, lots of it

    @Texaslady, we wish we could give you a timetable, but everyone is different. I won’t recount my history with my knee replacement as I don’t want to scare you. Suffice it to say my rocovery took much long than most. I believe the reason is that my PT pushed me way too hard wat too early, and I...
  10. Mscant

    TKR Not a new patient but I need help, lots of it

    @Texaslady, I totally understand how you feel about not being able to sleep. Been there, done that. May I suggest that you buy some magnesium citrate supplements? I was having the same problem as you last year after my TLHR. Someone on this forum told me to try 250 mg along with 5mg of melatonin...
  11. Mscant

    BeBe says "Ruh Roh" !!! Not Again

    @BeBe, try not to worry too much. A lot of us have an adversion to morphine. It makes me throw up every time and I have to insist they take it away. There are lots of pain killers than can work for you. Some will probably have side effects, but most of those are addressed in the document on...
  12. Mscant

    Bilateral THR Gretel post op<

    @Gretel, I attempted to sleep on my previously operated side last night. That lasted about 15 minutes as my operated leg kept wanting to go over into the danger zone. I got my staples out yesterday and that side was pretty sore, so didn’t even consider trying that. I remember it being about 6...
  13. Mscant

    Bilateral THR Gretel post op<

    Evening you Hippies! @Gretel, it sounds to me like you are doing well considering you did both hips at once. You need to stop worrying about being lazy. Your body needs the rest. Conserve your energy for the things you have to do. You have to get up to pee, or to eat and bathe. Remember that...
  14. Mscant

    Home and Happy with Hip #2

    @Josephine
  15. Mscant

    Home and Happy with Hip #2

    @Josephine, I hope this will work for you. Now I can’t get the picture to upload. Ugh......... Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
Back
Top Bottom