Guest viewing is limited

Home and Happy with Hip #2

Thanks Layla. I must confess to being a technical dummy. I appreciate your help!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Glad you are home and on the recovery road :9) I will be interested to see what @Josephine says about your foot!
 
Sorry for the anxiousness about foot. Cute toes though, I've always had ugly toes:nah:
 
Look close! I have webbed feet. The two toes right next to the big toe on each foot!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thanks for the photo and I see your point but did you forget that I also need a view like this? Can't give an opinion without it

[Bonesmart.org] Home and Happy with Hip #2
 
@Mscant, I'm sorry - I can't use that image.

It's not actually what I asked for. I need it straight on including hips and feet like this

[Bonesmart.org] Home and Happy with Hip #2
 
Sorry I'm late to the party, but Welcome to the realm of double hippies!
 
I replied to you in my thread, but I wanted to ask you how you are doing? Bilateral hip surgery really does make you a super woman in my book!
 
@Josephine, I hope this will work for you.

Now I can’t get the picture to upload. Ugh.........




Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited:
Mscant, I really am very sorry, but
a) I need to see your hips! - just lifting the top up out of the way would have helped
b) It's taken on a downward trajectory so I cannot see your legs as in the example I gave you
c) the camera needs to be held about level with your knees
 
Webbed toes perfect for a mermaid and beachcomber. Try again on pic...aaarggh:hairpulling:
 
Here I am 4 weeks out of surgery, and I feel great. I have very little pain. I have ditched the crutch for a cane because I put more weight on my operated hip. My Dr doesn’t want me walking unaided until 6 weeks out. He says that he doesn’t want me to develope a limp that will be hard to get rid of. I’m following his orders but admit I take short trips around the house without it. I stopped taking pain meds except acetaminophen about 10 days ago. I have only had a few sleepless nights, and minimal constipation. Thank you to whoever suggested that I try magnesium for help in both those areas. It has worked like magic. I think I’ll be walking without the cane as soon as the Dr says go for it.

This surgery was much easier than the left hip surgery I had in 2016. My Dr says it might be due, in part, to the fact that the left hip is now good and the right could depend on it for stability. Whatever the reason I am grateful. I’m lucky that this one went so well. I’ve read things from other Bonesmarties that say many of the stories we tell on this site are not positive. I know there are plenty of good, but it’s human nature to want to have someone to share with when things aren’t going as well as you hoped. You may not need as much advice when you are doing well, but you can certainly help those who have questions or just want to talk to a kindred soul. I’m so happy I found this site 4 years ago after a devastating knee surgery. Your support made a big difference to me. I hope I can help to encourage others.
 
Glad you are coming along so well @Mscant. I agree with you about sharing our concerns here, who better to understand than our fellow hippies? They have all been through the same thing and can offer great hippie advice. Hope get an answer about your foot. Hang in there!
 
You sound great @Mscant
Continued healing and a great weekend to you!
 
Hi there @Mscant
Happy Six Month Anniversary on Hip # 2!
Wondering how you and your hips are doing.
Give us an update if you'd like....we'd love to hear how you're doing.
A great week to you!
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom