Recent content by MsBlue

  1. MsBlue

    2016 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July?

    Just a word of encouragement to all you July Sparklers. I have my 11 month anniversary of BTKR this week. This time last year, I was a July Sparkler 2015 counting down the days and weeks to surgery with trepidation. Frankly, I was terrified! And you know what - it was just fine. I am much...
  2. MsBlue

    TKR Braunzie's Journey on "The Other Side"?

    I'm in pretty much the same exact place as you are! My 11 month anniversary is on Wednesday. It's hard to believe, because one year ago it seemed we would never get to this point. My knees are not perfect, but I am so much better off than I was before. I still have some tenderness and...
  3. MsBlue

    TKR Lacy21's Recovery Thread^

    Agreed. My points are simply 1) MUA is something that Lacy might want to investigate - especially since her doctor released her and doesn't expect to see her for months. The guidance I was given is that sooner is better than later for dealing with scar tissue. She may want to schedule with...
  4. MsBlue

    TKR Lacy21's Recovery Thread^

    @Lacy21 - I read your recent posts on Rob's thread about your limited range, and that you my have scar tissue. I had both my knees done the day after you. For the past 10 weeks, my right side only had about 100 degrees ROM (we got to 108 with both me and therapist pushing). It was...
  5. MsBlue

    TKR 7 yrs out bilateral tkr

    How are you doing after your MUA? Have you been able to realize an improvement in ROM? I had my MUA today. I am not in too much pain. I have been taking meds, icing and resting. It's too soon for me to be able to tell what the motion is going to be like, but the doctor says it is going to...
  6. MsBlue

    Bilateral TKR Ms Blue's recovery

    I had the MUA today (on the right). The doctor said that it went perfectly and that he thinks I'll be very pleased - and amazed! - at how much more ROM I get on the right now. I hope so! The doc said he easily got me to 133 on the right. The most I had achieved before was 108, and it was...
  7. MsBlue

    Bilateral TKR Tracie's new knees

    Can you use a pillow under your heels, or higher up, under your thighs? I usually sleep with a pillow between my knees, because I'm a side sleeper. I turn on one side or the other with the pillow between my legs. I would think that 4 months out is plenty of time that you would not develop...
  8. MsBlue

    Bilateral TKR Ms Blue's recovery

    Yes, exactly. And for me, one knee is coming along, and the other one is not nearly doing as well. Both extension and flexion are better on the left. it's a direct comparison, because the surgery was the same day, and anything I've done for recovery has been done on both sides. I really hope...
  9. MsBlue

    Bilateral TKR Ms Blue's recovery

    @Celle - Honestly, I SWEAR I have not been exercising that much. I am doing some gentle restorative yoga occasionally (no kneeling), but I have even slacked off of the PT in recent weeks. Being back at work, I can't fit in more than one session a week. Since this decision was made about the...
  10. MsBlue

    Bilateral TKR Ms Blue's recovery

    I've been very comfortable, but ROM, especially on the right, is not where it needs to be. MUA scheduled for Oct. 6th. I hope it works for me. My doctor thinks it will, and I have to trust him on that, but I have my doubts. If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate hearing them. I...
  11. MsBlue

    Bilateral TKR July 1 LHop - Bilateral TKR Recovery Thread

    oooooo THANK YOU for the recommendation on the under-desk elliptical. I think I am going to try that. I had the continuous passive motion machine (CPM) in the hospital, and I thought it was great. I did not have it in rehab or at home, and, in retrospect, I wish I had "dug in" and insisted...
  12. MsBlue

    TKR Rob's Knew Knee

    Well, actually, the soothing stick came from a company that my brother invested in. I was just down at his place and cleaned out his last stash, as the company bellied up. It's just a big chapstick kind of thing that is primarily made of coconut oil. It's also got some palm oil, castor oil...
  13. MsBlue

    TKR Rob's Knew Knee

    I used the Biofreeze at 8 weeks on the quad. It didn't seem to do me any harm! In fact, after a big stretchy PT session this AM, I think I'll go use some right now. I have been using the Trader Joe's vitamin E oil on my incisions. I use that at least twice a day. And then I have some sort...
  14. MsBlue

    Bilateral TKR jbrooklyn recovery: short-term loss for long-term gain.

    I still use the chair arms for sitting and standing, and, yes, the handicapped stall in the restroom. And I do have days where it's somewhat teeth-gritting for the up and down. The "awesome York Peppermint Patty stuff" you mentioned from your PT might be Biofreeze gel. You can purchase it on...
  15. MsBlue

    Bilateral TKR jbrooklyn recovery: short-term loss for long-term gain.

    Gosh, I haven't had nearly as a bad a time as you have. I am at exactly 8 weeks today. I am sore, because I overdid it in a yoga class on Sunday. But, on the whole, I've had more good days than bad. I can walk the dogs again, walk to the Farmers' Market, get up and down the stairs to do the...
Back
Top Bottom