Recent content by MountainGirl

  1. MountainGirl

    THR weak hip

    Piping in again-- I went and re-read your thread. Maybe I am just lucky for my early side-sleepability. I wonder, too, if the mattress makes a difference. I have a mattress that I love, and I bet that it plays a role in how soon things feel right for sleeping. I am also going to comment on an...
  2. MountainGirl

    THR weak hip

    This won't help you except maybe to convince you to ask your doc (smile), but I've slept comfortably on both sides for many, many moons now. I'm guessing that it was probably at about month three or so post-op for each of the hips, but it just kind of eased from being very aware of the site and...
  3. MountainGirl

    THR MajorHeidi is now a Hippie!

    So proud you've claimed your hippie status! I just know it's due to the influence of those sweet Oregonian dogs you have. Oh, wait, wrong kind of hippie (though watch out for the pups... They may get you to follow Phish in concert one of these days). Let me start again: I am SO pleased to...
  4. MountainGirl

    THR Over and Up!

    @MajorHeidi , I am so, so excited for you to begin your healing journey! I hope that each day brings something that's a little better than the day before, and that very soon you can really enjoy your new hip! I'll be watching and hoping for you on Thursday. Extra special doses of wonder and good...
  5. MountainGirl

    THR Over and Up!

    So... Been offline for a couple of weeks, trying to resume whatever normal there is of me to resume, and things have mostly been going well! My pain is pretty much nil, and I can take nice walks with my family as long as i don't push too hard. I have also been eyeballing some bikes-- hubby...
  6. MountainGirl

    THR I'm HOME and recovering well!

    @CAHippie , you sound great! Hooray for all you're accomplishing! I too had my two-week follow up, with similar positivities and encouragement to keep at it. I smiled a little at your declaration of scars not worthy of bathing suits, for I too have been pondering this. I think that in the end...
  7. MountainGirl

    THR Over and Up!

    Hi, @Freaky freak ! I am doing well, thanks! I went for my two-week follow up on the right hip earlier today, and they took x-rays. I got to see the new hip side-by-side with the November one. They both look great, doc said, and I got to show off a bit of no-limp walking (I am still about...
  8. MountainGirl

    Can someone "talk me off the ledge"?

    @FraidyCat -- big hugs to you on this continuing adventure. I totally agree with (and admire) not going forward with something that will add stress from the very get-go. I wish that there were easy ways to cull doctors not only philosophically, but in ways where we understand who will travel...
  9. MountainGirl

    Bilateral THR Hippy Toonz

    Two words to get your head and hips turned squarely to a new goal this summer or early fall (before the snows arrive, anyhow): Kendall Katwalk . It's on my to-do list in the Snoqualmie region! Have you been? Have you seen the scenery? Eyes on the prize! :-)
  10. MountainGirl

    Here's the Deal: Yet another 58 year old at a crossroads..

    Hi, @utley's mom ! I am so glad your doctor's visit went well! Just for kicks, have you done much Googling for good, low-K, vegan meals post-op (my doc was only concerned about an anti-coagulant regime after the surgery. With my history, 2 aspirin per day suffices)? I looked on the Adventist...
  11. MountainGirl

    Can someone "talk me off the ledge"?

    @FraidyCat , I am sorry to have not responded earlier. I am having a very fine time sleeping my days away recently! I am also sorry if you answered this elsewhere, but which region of the country do you inhabit? It seems that many of the practitioners I visit, most notably my dentist just a few...
  12. MountainGirl

    THR I'm HOME and recovering well!

    Fantastic, Connie! I did find myself thinking of you during my lucid moments, wondering if your experience was the same as mine and praying for a good outcome! I am posting in fits and starts, as I am doing a most excellent job of sleeping these days! Doesn't help to have added a little...
  13. MountainGirl

    Bilateral THR Hippy Toonz

    I hate colds. We passed one around in the family right up until the day of my pre-op last week. I knew it wasn't the flu, but I truly felt miserable. How are you today? It's so gray here today in our neck of the woods that I am camping out in my own version of the Big Chair (bed, really). I have...
  14. MountainGirl

    Can someone "talk me off the ledge"?

    Hmm... My dentist told me just last week that he was sorry to have had me take my dose of clindamycin as it appeared to HIM that the most recent recommendations (more recent than last summer, anyhow) were to NOT prescribe them for routine cleanings for people with otherwise low risk. Why are...
  15. MountainGirl

    Here's the Deal: Yet another 58 year old at a crossroads..

    Hooray, hooray! I hope that all works out and that you can give yourself an adequate recovery time without stressing over going back too early. Oh yeah, the pain game. I played that until I got my first hip replacement and learned about proper icing, elevation, and... Pain relievers (I wrote...
Back
Top Bottom