Guest viewing is limited

THR Over and Up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow @MountainGirl . congratulations. so glad you're on the mend. and I appreciate the picture. I wish I had done that too but now I got the general idea. hope things are settling down. sounds like @tashia and @shrinkette would enjoy your menu!
 
@dickinson , Yes, I am pleased with the menu! It isn't totally gourmet in its preparation, but so very much tastier than the stuff three months ago (when I was limited to salads, basically). The nurses told me that the food was their biggest complaint, so they changed up their kitchen. Meals are prepared individually, and we can order whenever we want, up to six meals a day. There are also snacks that are stored locally in each ward, and we're welcome to those as well. I had pudding instead of dinner at midnight! Boy oh boy, I think these drugs are taking me for a ride!I have to say, @shrinkette , that I stayed away from the quiche, figuring nothing good could come of it! Isn't that what we say here? That we should learn from others' experiences? I learned from yours!

I think I am very lucky to have landed here. I feel as though they're well-equipped for many contingencies, but I am lucky to not need any of their solutions for complex situations. I just hear snippets of conversations from people who are speaking with their PT as they go on by. it feels good to have a solid base on which to heal. I wish that for everyone.

Finally, i hope I am not bugging people with that gross-looking photo! I have struggled and struggled with making the decisions to have these hips repaired. I can look at anybody else and tell them to go for whatever would make them feel whole again, but I couldn't come to any conclusion to do the same for myself. I didn't feel I merited that level of care, or that I was bad-enough off to have them done (even after both docs I saw said they were bad joints). It's hard, complex, and utterly irrational on my part, BUT, that photo is proof positive that even I can't deny. I needed these new hips! So, I hope nobody is offended. I can delete the post if necessary.

Have great days, all...What a wonderful group of diverse people!

Take care :-)
 
@MountainGirl I saw my femoral head but never got a picture!!!! I'm jealous!!!!

Glad you are doing ok on your 2nd round......
 
@MountainGirl That is pretty cool actually that your OS took the pic, and gave it to you.
Happy to hear that you are doing very well.
Keep it up. When do you get to go home?
 
I came home about five hours ago! I am considerably more sore when I walk, but the gait is still good :-). I seem to have this itchy face and extremity thing going on, so I have taken my brain-adding Benadryl with it. It helps, but man I sleep hard! Doc's assistant says that for daytime use, I can take a non-drowsy formula. Maybe tomorrow!

So, my goal tonight is to keep the meds coming, get my pain to a zero, and get back to bed. I am feeling in good cheer, and hope that continues for at least a little while. :-)
 
@MountainGirl . Kendall Catwalk looks beautiful. I want to hike there. One hike on my bucket list are the Entchantments. Before I had my surgery I had given up on the idea, but not that dream is back. Today you are 7 days post op and I am 5 weeks post op. We are on the mend:happydance:.
 
Glad you are home after the second hip. Thanks for the pic. I am always curious.

Keep rested and good recovery to you!
 
Hi, @Freaky freak ! I am doing well, thanks! I went for my two-week follow up on the right hip earlier today, and they took x-rays. I got to see the new hip side-by-side with the November one. They both look great, doc said, and I got to show off a bit of no-limp walking (I am still about halfway medicated, though... Starting to wean off the Norco, but not entirely yet. Not worried, but it does make walking pain-free ;-) ). I am taking life easy-- it is much easier for me to be relaxed about the healing to come when I see how nicely the first hip is doing by just the passage of time plus a little activity. I should be honest, though, and admit I have a bad case of wondering where they will be by this summer!

Okay, back to faking a Zen approach!

But seriously, no solid complaints here, except being eager to get back to driving. I think I am strong enough (no walking aids), but as long as I keep needing a boost of meds in the daytime, I will forgo the driving. Nobody needs to be the victim of someone who thinks they "know better," so I tell myself to be patient! I may try to con a friend into a coffee run tomorrow. That's about as big an outing as I need!

I haven't been good about reading online much this week-- I still am letting luxurious naps rule my free time-- what's new with you? Eight weeks out really starts to give you a glimmer of normal, providing no complications. I hope that's the case with you!!

Take care! Onward! :)
 
Hi @MountainGirl !
Your post reads terrific!
Glad you are recovering nicely and not pushing things.
There's plenty of time to get to driving..... ha
You will be all set by summer.
Today I had my pre op testing day.
So many tests, good heavens. I suppose that is good; hope all the results are!
Take care...
 
So... Been offline for a couple of weeks, trying to resume whatever normal there is of me to resume, and things have mostly been going well! My pain is pretty much nil, and I can take nice walks with my family as long as i don't push too hard. I have also been eyeballing some bikes-- hubby bribed me with the promise of a new bike once both my hips were fixed. I am holding him to his promise!

I do have a little worry, though, and I am just expressing it here... I have two spots on my incision that are definitely a bit infected. No fever, bad smells, or particular pain, but they're a little oozy. I go in to see a different doc in my surgeon's office (my guy has surgeries scheduled on Tuesdays) first thing in the morning, but in the meanwhile, I am fretting. I really, really hope they're just superficial-- the PA says that they switched both glue and dressing types since my first hip in November, and that he wasn't as pleased with the new stuff, so maybe this is just a surface something where the glue didn't hold? In the bigger of the two spots, however, I can see "into" the wound.

Ugh, ugh, I know it does no good to borrow trouble, but here I am, just a little fretful, and wondering if I did something wrong. I will know more in nine hours... Hah!
 
@MountainGirl First, good to see you back from a hello standpoint!
I am happy to hear about looking for a bike. That is supposed to be best recreation for us hippies.

I sure hope for the best possible meeting with the doctor tomorrow. :angel:

My surgery is Thursday. Only two days from now!!!!! Wish me luck! :angel:
 
@MajorHeidi , I am so, so excited for you to begin your healing journey! I hope that each day brings something that's a little better than the day before, and that very soon you can really enjoy your new hip! I'll be watching and hoping for you on Thursday. Extra special doses of wonder and good meds to cap it all off.

Today's visit for me at the doc confirmed that I am just having a fun little reaction in a couple of spots to the sutures. The very nice surgeon who was covering for mine explained that while it looked funky, it didn't look "concerning." I will have more eyeballs on it next week when I have my six-week follow up. In the meanwhile, I have a game plan to tend to it and am just relieved.

Good night, all... Today I am back to "me," and I will take that.

:flwrysmile:
 
@MountainGirl . I am glad that you got good news in regards to your incision site. Did they do anything like cover it up, put some ointment on it? Just wondering since you wrote that you can kind of look inside in one area. That sure would worry me.
My hip was replaced on February 4th, so I am four weeks ahead of you. At this point my hip has kind of become the 'forgotten hip'. It's wonderful. I hope your's becomes one of those as well very soon.

@MajorHeidi . I wish you all the best for tomorrow and a great recovery. I love cycling. I went on my first solo ride two days ago. The tulip fields in our area are in full bloom and there even were some daffodils still blooming as well. It made for a colorful ride with a strong headwind which made me feel like I was out of shape. But upon returning to my car I had a tailwind and I was flying and felt like Superwoman. Go get a bike and don't forget a helmet too after you recover. As a reward, so to speak.
 
@MountainGirl That is very good news for you. Now , you don't have to fret about that anymore. Whew!
On to more recovery and life!
@Briggieride Thanks for the wishes! Your ride by the flowers sounds wonderful. Enjoy your rides!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom