Recent content by moondove

  1. moondove

    TKR My new knee

    Thank you @Celle !
  2. moondove

    TKR Things to know before surgery

    Yes I love my pocket shorts! Here’s my favorite ones on Amazon. Latuza Women's Soft Sleep Pajama Shorts I was unable to get comfy in my bed. I was more comfortable on the couch, head propped up with a couple of good size pillows, a cozy blanket, and my remote and other things within reach...
  3. moondove

    TKR My new knee

    Update - 4 weeks post op tomorrow I love my new knee. I can stand and walk without knee pain and I’m so excited to have my life back when this is all done. I have pre op tomorrow for my RTKR scheduled for April 6, although it’s possible it won’t happen because of the virus. They said I’m still...
  4. moondove

    TKR My new knee

    @steverup yes we are near Houston!
  5. moondove

    TKR Post Op 1 week - highs and lows

    @SPE2020 its going well. Getting ready to do the next one. How about you?
  6. moondove

    TKR Post Op 1 week - highs and lows

    Hi @SPE2020 ! I had a LTKR on March 2. Just wanted to say hi!
  7. moondove

    TKR Feel so alone

    @Flash1955 I had my LTKR on March 2 as well! How are things today? I too had the bruising which is certainly painful. I had to have help getting dressed and putting on these awful compression stockings. The dead thigh muscle has been the hardest for me. It’s waking up now and I’m able to use it...
  8. moondove

    TKR My new knee

    @LD of Michigan yes! That’s exactly what it’s like! That helps to know you have had a similar experience! @Rubyroo its going fabulous!! Thank you for checking on me. I am up and around. I actually enjoy PT now because i love using this knee and leg. It feels good. I walked down the drive...
  9. moondove

    TKR My new knee

    Thanks @steverup that helps to know that others are emotional. I’m not usually, so I feel so out of control when i start crying. I’m glad to have a recovery partner! thank you for the kind words @Rubyroo they def help cheer me up. Tonight has been a lot better all of a sudden, my quad muscle...
  10. moondove

    TKR My new knee

    Had my first outpatient PT today. I cried like a baby. What is wrong with me??? I simply was unable to even use my quad muscle to lift my leg. It is like it doesn’t get the communication from my brain? We also worked on measuring my bend. It was 40 something I believe. He says I’m at a worse...
  11. moondove

    TKR My new knee

    Hi all! I’m home from surgery for my left TKR. I stayed in the hospital one night and was able to come home yesterday. I’m having a lot of pain but the meds help. I did get the femoral nerve block and they did give me happy juice during that procedure. Everyone was wonderful. That nerve block...
  12. moondove

    TKR Almost time

    Thanks @LD of Michigan !
  13. moondove

    TKR Almost time

    @Deniseb this is our last weekend happy scrubbing with hibiclens lol.
  14. moondove

    TKR Almost time

    @lovetocookandsew that is good to know - that is so great that they can sedate you that much with a spinal. I always worry with a spinal that you’d be too aware during surgery.
  15. moondove

    TKR Almost time

    Thank you @Sara61!!
Back
Top Bottom