TKR My new knee

OP
OP
moondove

moondove

Country
United States United States
Update - 4 weeks post op tomorrow

I love my new knee. I can stand and walk without knee pain and I’m so excited to have my life back when this is all done. I have pre op tomorrow for my RTKR scheduled for April 6, although it’s possible it won’t happen because of the virus. They said I’m still on the schedule and they’ll let me know if that changes, so I’m proceeding as if I am having surgery. Time will tell ...
I have been at 98 flexion the past 2 PT sessions hoping it will be better next week and I keep making progress.

Is it safe to take a bath at 4 weeks? And submerge the surgical leg?

Celle

Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Is it safe to take a bath at 4 weeks? And submerge the surgical leg?
That depends on whether or not your incision is completely healed.

As long as your skin is completely closed, with no open areas or scabs at all - not even the smallest one, then it's safe to submerge it.

If there are any open areas or scabs, it would be wiser to wait a while longer. Little open areas or scabs could provide a way for infection to get in, and you don't want that.

Sara61

Forum Advisor
Country
Portugal Portugal
Just be extra careful getting in and out of the bath, make sure you have handrails and good upper body strenght or someone to help you as it's not easy, I tried it once and decided I prefer taking a shower as it was jolly difficult getting out of the bath and not dignified at all :heehee:

New

Active Antibacterial

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
ladyk
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom