I went into surgery asking for a GA but the anethesist explained to me in great detail that the recovery is quicker with the epidural (spine block) I did ask for something extra to relax and assume that it was fine as my surgeryseemed ever so quick and within no time at all I was back in the recovery ward.
1st weeks are hard, but I promise you it really does get better, I'm 4.5 months post surgery and my life is pretty much normal, try and keep a positive attitude, use BoneSmart to vent /query/chat etc there is always someone world wide whom will help/encourage and generally listen to your fears we have all been in the same boat.Today I was asked if I would have my other knee doing my reply much to my own amazement was "Yes in a flash" .
Enjoy your recovery time do things you enjoy be it, watching movies/reading /knitting and gently let your knee recover, use RIME as you mantra (Rest, Ice, Medicate, Elevate) and stay with BoneSmart.
Wishing you all the best for your surgery on the 2nd xx