Recent content by Montecresto

  1. Montecresto

    TKR Recovery #2

    That’s what I took and it didn’t do much for me….
  2. Montecresto

    Arthroscopy Has anyone else developed it band syndrome after knee surgery?

    I have the same, for me it’s sciatic nerve pain. Lower back disc issues… You might consider having that looked at if all else fails…..
  3. Montecresto

    TKR Recovery #2

    Oh there was no shortage of pain medicine made available, it just failed utterly to relieve my pain. My pain was extreme. I was writhing in bed daily for the first 3-4 weeks…..In fact, it was such a miserable experience that I will baby my left knee the rest of my life….and, I still have pain...
  4. Montecresto

    TKR Recovery #2

    Great, good luck!
  5. Montecresto

    TKR Recovery #2

    Yep, your quads aren’t firing….PT. I had the same thing and I too was concerned, frustrated and eventually aggravated and fearful. But my first four weeks were accompanied with indescribable and writhing pain, PT was out of the question. Once I was able to begin PT, and I had a stationary bike...
  6. Montecresto

    TKR Recovery #2

    That’s great!!! Apparently hard to come by sometimes. So are you doing pt on your knee yet?
  7. Montecresto

    TKR Recovery #2

    So have you been out talking to therapists so you have an idea of who you’ll use or just going with the one the OS recommends?
  8. Montecresto

    TKR Recovery #2

    I’ve been told there is no shortage of videos of this procedure for the interested. I never watched, and never will. My TKR was June 27, 2022 and I’m mostly recovered I’d say. ROM is -02/130 but nothing like it use to be nor like my left knee which is +02/150 The cold winter has brought back...
  9. Montecresto

    MUA knee so stiff<<

    What you describe is the same thing I experienced. That tight band feeling was very annoying, and for some time I thought it was never going away as it persisted for months. But 5 months out for me now and that feeling is gone….. Just my opinion here, but I hope you’re doing PT rehab and home...
  10. Montecresto

    TKR Montecresto’s Recovery

    5 months post op and my knee is great. Just some residual soft tissue pain above and below my knee from time to time. I’m thinking I’ll never get to 0* on extension, but I’m very functional, and I’ll be satisfied as things are….
  11. Montecresto

    TKR Montecresto’s Recovery

    4-1/2 months out, ROM is 130/-2 I’m back working it hard, climbing ladders, cutting down trees, building my deck, driving my bull dozer and dump truck (makin love to my lady) brush hogging, building rock cages, etc., etc….. Had my backpack leaf blower on the other day and tripped going down a...
  12. Montecresto

    TKR TKR on 8/8/22

    Oh dear!!! How is it now and what are you going to do?
  13. Montecresto

    TKR Montecresto’s Recovery

    3-1/2 months out. No longer in pain. Still in PT and home exercises. ROM is 128/-3 Still shooting for 130/0…..:) :-) (:
  14. Montecresto

    TKR TKR on 8/8/22

    Yes, all that and much more. If that’s your only discomfort I consider you fortunate….:) :-) (:
  15. Montecresto

    TKR TKR on 8/8/22

    My surgery was June 28th Sorry you’re getting nothing out of your home exercises. I’ve been greatly benefitted by them… But it is amazing how things can be so different one person to another… Stationary bikes aren’t really that expensive if you get one without the bells and whistles…
Back
Top Bottom