TKR Montecresto’s Recovery

I sorry no members have picked up on your thread. I did not comment on it because I could not relate to what you are going through . Keep posting I'm sure members will pick up on it in time. It's a long slow route to recovery it been nearly 9 months for my LTKR. Take care Jcx.
 
It’s also odd to me that we have I don’t know, hundreds or thousands of members and I get primarily just staff members responding and interacting with me. Where’s all the regular folks….no disrespect to all you great staff…
I'm 10 days behind you on my LTKR. I've been following your journey but haven't felt like I can add to the staff comments. Like you I'm impatient for faster progress though I know some things can't be hurried.
 
t’s also odd to me that we have I don’t know, hundreds or thousands of members and I get primarily just staff members responding and interacting with me. Where’s all the regular folks….no disrespect to all you great staff…
WELL, I'm offended...you don't like our company?!! :xmas-snowball-fight-smiley-emoticon: Take that!!
Of course I am only kidding. :wink:.

There are no fences here, you're allowed to play in others yards. Best way to get people to your thread is to reach out. You could start by checking out and adding something to the threads of those that have reached out to you on yours. I'm guessing your popularity will grow if you do so. In the meantime, we'll keep a lookout here and make sure you're not misbehaving. :) Happy Friday and weekend to you!
Lol, no worries. I don’t need to be popular. And I did preface my comment with “no disrespect to all you great staff”…….:) :-) (:
 
It’s also odd to me that we have I don’t know, hundreds or thousands of members and I get primarily just staff members responding and interacting with me. Where’s all the regular folks….no disrespect to all you great staff…
I'm 10 days behind you on my LTKR. I've been following your journey but haven't felt like I can add to the staff comments. Like you I'm impatient for faster progress though I know some things can't be hurried.
Thank you, and best wishes on your recovery….:) :-) (:
 
  • Like
Reactions: shr
It’s also odd to me that we have I don’t know, hundreds or thousands of members and I get primarily just staff members responding and interacting with me. Where’s all the regular folks….no disrespect to all you great staff…
I'm 10 days behind you on my LTKR. I've been following your journey but haven't felt like I can add to the staff comments. Like you I'm impatient for faster progress though I know some things can't be hurried.
Actually I’d like to know if you’re going to PT or not, and if so how it’s going?
 
  • Like
Reactions: shr
Actually I’d like to know if you’re going to PT or not, and if so how it’s going?
I've gone to outpatient PT starting 3 days after my TKR and it's gone reasonably well. I do think it's helpful though the BoneSmart approach of little or no PT and letting ROM come with time will work for many people. It depends upon your goals but if you want to regain as much functionality as possible as quickly as possible you should do the PT.
 
Actually I’d like to know if you’re going to PT or not, and if so how it’s going?
I've gone to outpatient PT starting 3 days after my TKR and it's gone reasonably well. I do think it's helpful though the BoneSmart approach of little or no PT and letting ROM come with time will work for many people. It depends upon your goals but if you want to regain as much functionality as possible as quickly as possible you should do the PT.
Awesome for you! Are you still on the same PT you started with? I’ve found out there’s people out there doing PT that aren’t that great….
 
  • Like
Reactions: shr
I sorry no members have picked up on your thread. I did not comment on it because I could not relate to what you are going through . Keep posting I'm sure members will pick up on it in time. It's a long slow route to recovery it been nearly 9 months for my LTKR. Take care Jcx.
Thank you!!

How are you doing at 9 months. Apparently better than I’ve done if you can’t relate? And good thing that you can’t….
My wife has a friend that had LTKR and he breezed through rehab/PT in two weeks, took very little pain medicine and so he went back for RTKR and for two months he suffered horrible pain, gritting his teeth on pain medicine the whole time, missed a lot of PT because of his pain and his ROM on the right isn’t nearly as good as that of his left…..
 
  • Like
Reactions: shr
And I did preface my comment with “no disrespect to all you great staff”…….:) :-) (:
Yes, I know...and I'm sure you understand I was only kidding. As you now see through some of the latest member responses above, more are watching your thread than you thought.
Hope your weekend is a good one!
 
Every knee is different and so is every recovery, but sometimes not as different as memory serves. I was thinking that this recovery was going more poorly than the first but upon reading the old training log covering my first knee replacement I find that they're pretty similar. Perhaps better to say every recovery can be different.
 
Hi Montecresto. It's been a long slow recovery for me. The main thing at the moment is the tight band feeling around my knee. I've been on holiday a few times. Just managing to ride my bicycle once a week. Going for walks and out socializing with friends and family. At nearly 9 months hopefully my full recovery is just around the corner. Take care jcx
 
Hi Montecresto. It's been a long slow recovery for me. The main thing at the moment is the tight band feeling around my knee. I've been on holiday a few times. Just managing to ride my bicycle once a week. Going for walks and out socializing with friends and family. At nearly 9 months hopefully my full recovery is just around the corner. Take care jcx
Hmmmmm, that tight band feeling is still around 9 months out!!!!!!
That’s very discouraging :hissy:
I keep wondering when that goes away at less than 7 weeks out.
How’s your ROM, and walking? What about climbing stairs?
 
  • Like
Reactions: shr
Hi Montecresto. Range of motion 120. I have walked over 2mls. I can walk up and down stairs. But the tight band feeling has not gone away yet. Everyone is different so hopefully my full recovery is imminent. Take care jcx
 
Hi Montecresto. Range of motion 120. I have walked over 2mls. I can walk up and down stairs. But the tight band feeling has not gone away yet. Everyone is different so hopefully my full recovery is imminent. Take care jcx
Thank you JCX, I too hope your full recovery is right around the corner….:) :-) (:

What about extension, how straight have you been able to get your leg?
 
  • Like
Reactions: shr
Hi Montecresto. My extension is zero and I do not walk with a limp. Off to York visiting family for a few days. It will involve a lot of walking. Take care Jcx
 
  • Like
Reactions: shr
Hi Montecristo. Regarding that tight band feeling, mine was gone by the 1 yr. mark. I took solace in knowing it was normal/common and that it wasn’t actual pain. My first TKR was 11 years ago but I remember improving way past the year mark. I do remember getting hung up on that band feeling though.
I’m 3 wks out from my LTKR and progressing pretty well. Off the pain meds, still I have tolerable pain daily and it affects my sleep. I still ice and elevate throughout the day and do exercises when it feels alright to do them. I go to PT twice a week and it’s great! They haven’t even mentioned ROM and are the perfect balance between the gentle approach and getting some discomfort but not pain. I feel lucky. ROM by the looks of it is on track.
Funny story to share. We’ve been married for forty years and we had an argument over a green vs a fruit smoothie. Both parties behaved equally awful. He called me an “ungrateful B so I went to an Airbnb for 4 days. Silly, dumb AND expensive argument. Finally laughing now.
This recovery ain’t for sissies and affects more than the patient!!!!
I hope your recovery continues to improve!
 
Hi Montecresto. My extension is zero and I do not walk with a limp. Off to York visiting family for a few days. It will involve a lot of walking. Take care Jcx
That’s awesome
 
  • Like
Reactions: shr
Hi Montecristo. Regarding that tight band feeling, mine was gone by the 1 yr. mark. I took solace in knowing it was normal/common and that it wasn’t actual pain. My first TKR was 11 years ago but I remember improving way past the year mark. I do remember getting hung up on that band feeling though.
I’m 3 wks out from my LTKR and progressing pretty well. Off the pain meds, still I have tolerable pain daily and it affects my sleep. I still ice and elevate throughout the day and do exercises when it feels alright to do them. I go to PT twice a week and it’s great! They haven’t even mentioned ROM and are the perfect balance between the gentle approach and getting some discomfort but not pain. I feel lucky. ROM by the looks of it is on track.
Funny story to share. We’ve been married for forty years and we had an argument over a green vs a fruit smoothie. Both parties behaved equally awful. He called me an “ungrateful B so I went to an Airbnb for 4 days. Silly, dumb AND expensive argument. Finally laughing now.
This recovery ain’t for sissies and affects more than the patient!!!!
I hope your recovery continues to improve!
Sounds like you’re doing well. I’m glad to know that eventually the tight band feeling goes away, even if it isn’t for a year…..:hissy:

Very cool that you’ve got a good PT…..:) :-) (:

Funny lovers spat story….:heehee:

Best wishes on your continued recovery….
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom