TKR Montecresto’s Recovery

Still shooting for 130/0
You will get there, just give it time. My bend was stuck at 120 for many months and I pretty much gave up on measuring. But when I went to my one-year check up with the surgeon, I was at 135 (Surprise!) and hadn't done any exercises to improve my bend. Just ADLs and time did it.
 
4-1/2 months out, ROM is 130/-2
I’m back working it hard, climbing ladders, cutting down trees, building my deck, driving my bull dozer and dump truck (makin love to my lady) brush hogging, building rock cages, etc., etc…..

Had my backpack leaf blower on the other day and tripped going down a slope, my right leg (replacement leg) caught and twisted and I landed and instantly knew it was hurt. Backpack leaf blower still running and no one around to help. I wiggled out of it, and at length got to my feet. I was able to walk but felt the pain. That really scared me. It was my first post op fall. Just glad it wasn’t one month out…..!!!

Anyway, after a couple days it was ok agin.

I still have recurring pain, not at the knee, but above and below it. When I have to drive for long periods is the worst. I can sure tell it’s a whole year (or more) for full recovery……
 
  • Like
Reactions: shr
5 months post op and my knee is great. Just some residual soft tissue pain above and below my knee from time to time. I’m thinking I’ll never get to 0* on extension, but I’m very functional, and I’ll be satisfied as things are….
 
Hello @Montecresto
Great news! Thanks for sharing a five month update. It's good to read you've made great progress that you're pleased with.
I hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving! :)
 
  • Like
Reactions: shr
At 5 months you still have lots of healing to do, so you may get to that 0. But you have a great attitude if you don’t. We’ll done!
 
  • Like
Reactions: shr

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom